Photo

So What do you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#311 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

I'm a cake decorator in a bakery and an esthetician....everyone has such interesting jobs I love doing estheics and hopefully will be able to work from home doing it in the future full time..when we start having babies <3

#312 Ms325i

Ms325i
    • 204 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

Cake decoration? that sounds really interesting. Will you be designing your own wedding cake?

#313 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

This is such a fun thread! Get to know your BDW friends a little better!

I work for a software development company in corporate sales :)

#314 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MarieSam
          I am seriously a jack of all trades, and need of a serious nap, lol.

Besides being a mommy to a beautiful 14-year-old I work as an overnight News Reporter, writing about all the breaking news -- mostly craziness -- that occurs in LA, Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties while everyone is asleep between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. During "normal hours" I work as a freelance TV reporter, doing sports and entertainment for some of the local cable stations in my area.

My goal for the next six months is getting my first full-time "market" job as a TV reporter/anchor. My ultimate dream is to become a Sideline Sports Reporter for ESPN or Fox Sports
          Um MarieSam, when do you sleep?

#315 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
          • 475 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

Compared to many I have a relatively boring job. I'm a market research director in the healthcare industry. Essentially, I work with pharmaceutical companies (for the most part) to find out physicians, nurses, patients, etc opinions on new products, marketing campaigns, and other things like that.

It is interesting and never seems boring, especially since I'm not medically trained, but have to sound intelligent to the medical professional I'm talking with. The most recent proposal was in the area of reducing graft-versus-host disease in leukemia patients who have had a stem cell transplant.
            Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#316 TCIbride

TCIbride
            • 189 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

I'm a middle school choir teacher...

#317 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
              • 519 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ms325i
                Cake decoration? that sounds really interesting. Will you be designing your own wedding cake?
                Definatly NOT lol...I just want white cake, white icing, round, 3 tiers, with flowers...sooo plain and easy thats all I ask ha ha ha

#318 MarieSam

MarieSam
                • VIP Member
                • 2,336 posts
                  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by YaelM
                  Um MarieSam, when do you sleep?
                  Hmmmm....Yael, I often wonder the same thing. Sleep has been a rarity for me since I started working overnight two years ago, hence I look like $hit most of the time, lol. But believe me, I'm just about done living like a vampire and ready to return to the world of the living

#319 rdhbride

rdhbride
                  • 313 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

i'm a dental hygienist

#320 TAHOEJENI

TAHOEJENI
                    • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm a Researcher for Procter and Gamble and work on new molecules for Tide. In other words - I get your clothes clean. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users