So What do you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#161 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

Ooh, I can update with my new job!

I am the Business to Business Marketing Manager for a tour operator (Gate 1 Travel). I work with travel agencies and government tourist offices around the world to promote our travel packages. It's awesome!!!
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#162 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

I was unemployed for 5 months...but I recently contacted someone I worked with about 5 years ago to ask if I could use him as a reference.

He started his own company 4 years ago (when our boss let him go, he was teh VP) and he was actually looking for someone to do administrative/marketing work...and it's work from home!

I'm the "Chief of Administration and Marketing" for a Financial Public Relations firm
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#163 BarbK

• 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

I am currently an Engineering Documentation Controller for a drilling equipment company. I'm on the look out for something new right now though as we were bought out by a company out of Houston and now this is the worst job ever!!!

#164 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

Currently I am in school getting my bachelors degree in accounting...I graduate in June...Im so excited yet scared and nervous. And I work as a bank as a part time teller.

#165 Sherry

• 390 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

I'm a corporate lawyer. Until about a year ago, I worked for a big law firm and the hours were ridiculous. I had no life! I left to take a job as Corporate Counsel for a large Canadian energy company, and have since been appointed Corporate Secretary as well. I love my job!

#166 addisonreed1113

• 93 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

I'm a ballet teacher, choreograph for a competitive dance team and am cheerleader/dance captain for an arena football team.
              There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
              - I Corinthians 13:13

#167 Angel

• 2,635 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

I actually work for the Largest Credit Union in the world. I'm in Branch Operations so I basically deal with peoples accounts, loans ect.. (basically everything). I've been doing this for 8 years so I like it. There's day that I just want to shake people and say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR MONEY". I'm in a building with a bunch of military people so it gets interesting. Later on this year I will be traveling to the newer branches all over the world to train new employees on the different operations. My FI actually works in the Protective Service Unit in the Pentagon, he protects the Secretary of Defense, Dignitaries all over the world and organizes a whole bunch of Special Operations. We have stories that we tell each other every day.

#168 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

I'd like to know a little more about our new "class" of brides to be. :)

#169 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well, mine's not nearly as interesting as most of you ladies!

I am an administrative assistant to an executive director at my work. I file and push papers all day.

#170 BachataBride

• Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

Look at you Erin...the "Bumping Queen" today!!

I am a Civil Engineering Technologist by trade. I started off as a Draftsperson doing blue-prints for houses/cottages/etc. I have now branched off into the concrete industry where I am now an AutoCAD Technologist. I complete the shop drawings for concrete pipe/manholes/valve chambers/etc.
                      I think I am due another career change so I am going to look into the TA business! I think it's the perfect job for me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users