So What do you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#141 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

I work for a non-profit where I run a high school abstinence-based peer leader program.
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#142 Pisces

• 255 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

I am an elementary teacher, and specialize in French Immersion.
      Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#143 mpetzold

• 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

I work as a Training Aministrator for an accounting firm in our National Level Training Department. We train around 1000 participants every year in our firm and it is my job to make sure the training goes off from a hitch.

I get to seek out hotels for us to have our training, negotiate contracts, arrange for materials printing, plan fun social events and pick tasty food for our participants to eat!

I travel about 30% of the time and am out of the office around 60% of the time so I love it! I think I would go stir crazy sitting in an office more than I already do... and that isn't very often.

Right now I am particularly loving my job because I am in the process of planning a large meeting for our company at the Bellagio! I love that place!
        Wedding Date: September 4, 2008
        Wedding Location: La Jolla, California (San Diego)
        At Home Reception Date: October 11, 2008

#144 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

I'm a business manager for a contractor, Peter KIewit Sons

#145 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

I work in hell. I am an inner city 2nd grade teacher. I have both 7 8 10 year old students in my class.

#146 sunnydaes

• 684 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by MoWife
            I work as a Special Education aide in a second and third grade classroom with students that have behavior disorders. I am supposed to be an assistant to the autism inclusion program at our school which I was excited about but then I found out it was a title they gave me so they could pay my salary with money from a state grant for students with autism and it's not what I really ended up doing.

I am in graduate school for Applied Behavior Analysis and working to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
            Mo! I am a behaviorist! I got my degree from UCLA and ABA credits from Penn state. I work for an NPA that that only provides ABA therapy. I have been doing it now for 5 years. I no longer do therapy, I write programs, assessments and supervise the majority of the cases we have. I work with children mostly with Autism but also with different disorders (down syndrome, CP, seizure disorder, Asperger, PDD, ADHD) I also work with typical kids with challenging behaviors. It's a difficult job but i love it, kids are the best!

#147 stltk

• 120 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

Wow, this thread is soo interesting! Very cooll!
              I am a cytotechnologist at a medical diagnostic laboratory.
              I screen and analyze slides of patients' cells under a microscope and look for cancerous changes and other abnormalities that might be there. I like my job for the most part, it can be stressful and it can get monotonous at times. But, we provide valuable information for patients and their doctors waiting on test results that could potentially save someone's life and that makes me feel pretty darn good

#148 Christi

• 1,905 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

I'm an HR Consultant specializing in VC backed start-up companies.

#149 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:51 AM

I am an RN and I work for a Home Health Company taking care of the elderly.

#150 azhuskergirl

• 1,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

I am a meeting planner & work in the Scottsdale area. Tons of fun....lots of work, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users