• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#111 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CarrieRN
    Right now I work on a newer show called "Color Correction." I used to work on "House Hunters" and "House Hunters International" and sometimes I story-edit for "My House is Worth What"

We watch a ton of hgtv. I have it on right now. My nephew likes all the bright colors. House Hunters Intl is one of my faves.
    Thanks, Carrie! HHI is a fun show to work on because you get to learn so much about other countries.
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#112 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

My job has changed since the last time we had this thread. I am now a "Clinical Research Coordinator" for Stroke Research at HUP. It's very interesting and I like it so far (only been there a few months). Previously, I was a manager at a diagnostic imaging facility for more than 5 years.

#113 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:55 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by berliewed08
        Im not familiar with TLh, I'm at Mercy in Norristown.
        I used to work at an MRI center in Norristown. Some of the techs I worked with are now at Mercy. Small world!

#114 2bmosley

2bmosley
        • 61 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

Now That Is Interesting!!! Do You Get To Sample The Products? If So I Need To Make A Career Change. :-)

#115 AwesomeBride

AwesomeBride
          • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:57 PM

I am a Clinic Supervisor/LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)

#116 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

I had to link in these threads, just because I knew I had seen this before! I haven't read the other posts yet, so maybe someone has already done this! This is what I had posted (too lazy to type it again! lol)

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t8937
              (I really like this one, just because you really get to see the details of what people do, and the good/bad about it)

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t6322

------------------------------------

Job Title & Industry: "Senior Consultant" - It's so generic but it's what is on my business card, but I guess "Computer/Business Software Consultant" is a little better.

Describe what you do in a few short sentences:
              When companies need help implementing, upgrading, merging, customizing, training, etc. ... or anything, their software (I work with PeopleSoft right now) I go in and help.

What are the bests parts of your job?
              - the pay; it's good money
              - the flexibility; i'm very independant
              - hourly pay; if i work, i get paid
              - networking; i meet people all over the world
              - i like problem solving, and i do a lot of that
              - frequent flyer and hotel points!
              - my "standard" schedule is M-Th, i do my 40 hours in 4 days, then have Fridays off

What are the worst part?
              - Consultants don't often get a lot of respect or thanks; people look at us like we're there to take their jobs, or tell them what to do
              - risk; if i am not working, i don't get paid - i've known people to now be able to find work for 6+ months - that means no paycheck!
              - travel; for 10+ years (except for the last few months!) i've worked out of state - i see a lot of airports and hotel rooms
              - lack of personal time; i often have to work crazy hours

Do you think you are compensated appropriately?
              Yes - we get paid well mainly because of the travel and sacrifices we make and hours we work

How much vacation time/time off do you get?
              no set amount - i can work as much or as little as i want; but if i don't work i don't get paid. like i am probably taking the rest of Sept off - maybe more, depending on the next project that comes along - but no paychecks!

If you could do it all over again would you pick the same field/career?
              Probably. I complain a lot - but overall I like it and I get paid well.

Are you limited to a particular region of the country or world?
              Nope, I am all over the place.

What is your dream job (if all barriers were removed)?
              I wish I knew this answer!

#117 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LindsayG
                I am a scientist with an Environmental Consulting Firm. It's not terribly interesting like some of you gals' jobs sound!
                It's funny that you said this isn't interesting. As soon I read the first few words I was really interested :)

I'd like to do something like environmental toxicology after grad school.

#118 ajncooter

ajncooter
                • 983 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

I am a group sales manager for The Ritz-Carlton, Dearborn.. my market is all of the entertainment and sports teams that come to Detroit.

#119 -Kate-

-Kate-
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:39 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ajncooter
                    I am a group sales manager for The Ritz-Carlton, Dearborn.. my market is all of the entertainment and sports teams that come to Detroit.
                    I stayed there once and was in an elevator with Janet Jackson - almost crapped my pants!

#120 MelissaH

MelissaH
                    • 1,724 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

If my frigging partners don't get their f'ing asses in gear I'll be back here changing my job description very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users