Jump to content

Photo

Stupid question, but...


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaH

MelissaH
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,724 posts

    Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

    do you feel ripped off when someone gives you a cheap bottle of wine as a gift (hostess or whatever...)?

    I know when I give a bottle of wine as a gift I'll pick up a bottle that's at least $15...I mean there are some nice wines for a lot cheaper, but I figure if I were to buy an actual gift instead of a bottle of wine I'd spend more than $15 so I try to pick a really nice wine.

    I opened a bottle of red today, and it's an ok wine, so nosey me wanted to know what it cost...$7!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I think that's cheap.

    Maybe I'm just thinking that way because I've drank half the botle though :P:

    #2 trisha0612

    trisha0612
    • Jr. Member
    • 491 posts

      Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:12 AM

      hahahaha...if people are bringing it to a gathering or whatever I don't care..but seriously, we had a white elephant thing for Xmas with a $20 gift thing, and I of course picked the $4 bottle of wine..I was pissed....I'm sure the tacky paper bag it came in did NOT cost $16.
      Travis & Trish
      10-10-08
      Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

      #3 sohappy

      sohappy
      • Jr. Member
      • 260 posts

        Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:25 AM

        My first thought is did they "re-gift" it then I think "maybe they don't know anything about wine" then I end up with "ok they're cheap".

        #4 Chiquita

        Chiquita
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,674 posts

          Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:34 AM

          Haha.. I thought all those things too :)

          I know NOTHING about wine, but if I'm going to buy a bottle it will be at least 15 to 20 dollars.. just cause I don't wanna seem cheap.. heh

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by sohappy
          My first thought is did they "re-gift" it then I think "maybe they don't know anything about wine" then I end up with "ok they're cheap".


          #5 starchild

          starchild

            Moderator

          • Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

            Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

            I think you have to consider the source. To some people spending $15-20 on wine they aren't drinking is a lot, some people just don't drink wine and don't know how to buy it, and then there are the cheapskates...lol But if you made it halfway through the bottle it isn't that bad, right?

            #6 lucy106

            lucy106
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,880 posts

              Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MelissaH
              do you feel ripped off when someone gives you a cheap bottle of wine as a gift (hostess or whatever...)?

              I know when I give a bottle of wine as a gift I'll pick up a bottle that's at least $15...I mean there are some nice wines for a lot cheaper, but I figure if I were to buy an actual gift instead of a bottle of wine I'd spend more than $15 so I try to pick a really nice wine.

              I opened a bottle of red today, and it's an ok wine, so nosey me wanted to know what it cost...$7!!!!!!!!!!!!

              I think that's cheap.

              Maybe I'm just thinking that way because I've drank half the botle though :P:

              Ok that was hilarious! Hope by now you didnt finish the rest. That two buck chuck can be deadly! I love how folks think there is no way to determine what they paid for their lame gift. Now you know they are cheap-os!

              #7 BarefootBride

              BarefootBride
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,266 posts

                Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:30 AM

                No, it really doesnt bother me. Its the thought that count. Now on the otherhand, if i requested a particular gift/wine and i was given something else... that would p me off!!

                #8 jean-marcus

                jean-marcus
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,565 posts

                  Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:30 AM

                  Click the image to open in full size.ummm fortified strawberry boone's farms wine is NOT a cheap gift. thats meant from the heart...

                  #9 starchild

                  starchild

                    Moderator

                  • Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

                    Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:48 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                    Click the image to open in full size.ummm fortified strawberry boone's farms wine is NOT a cheap gift. thats meant from the heart...
                    Not the mad dog 20/20!!! That's even worse than Boone's Farm! LMAO!!
                    All we're missing is the Cisco and Thunderbird then we can party like winos. These cheap wines are a teenager's dream...what, I can get totally plastered for $2.25? Sweet! haha

                    BTW Jean-Marcus did we used to party in the 90's?

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    #10 RaydensMama

                    RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

                      Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

                      I dont think I would know the difference.lol Im not a wine drinker though so that could be my problem!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users