1310 replies to this topic

#41 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    Wow Jules your a good sister and a good bridesmaids too!

-Glenda
    lol, I am a very loyal friend. It was her day, so I did what was best for her and what made her happy. She had lots of problems from other people, I was not going to be one of them.

#42 BayBug

BayBug
    • 852 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

I am having a real hard time thinking of a dress I want my BM's to wear. I really don't care what they wear. I was thinking about just going to Macy's or Nordstrom and just picking a dress there that looks good on the both of them. Is this weird that I don't care?
      Angie

#43 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Not at all - I am not having BMs, but if I were I don't think I'd care either. I was probably going to just let them pick with they wanted - with a little guidance on my part. My sis would have been my MOH - and she won't wear a dress anyway - she said my last wedding was the last time she would wear a dress. At the time, I didn't think I'd ever need her to again! Oh well. lol

#44 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BayBug
          I am having a real hard time thinking of a dress I want my BM's to wear. I really don't care what they wear. I was thinking about just going to Macy's or Nordstrom and just picking a dress there that looks good on the both of them. Is this weird that I don't care?
          I was kinda the same way. That's why when I saw 2 dresses on sale at Macy's in the right sizes that would work for my wedding, I bought them. I spent $59 each instead of $179 each. So, I don't think it's weird that it's not as important to you as other areas of your wedding.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#45 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

you could also just pick a designer and/or a color - and let them pick the style.

#46 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

Here is the dress I want for my BM. I tried pasting the pic but I couldn't.

Rachel Roy

You have to go to Spring 07' Collection and go the 13th dress. I'm not sure what color I would like it in but I actually think the yellow is pretty. I ran it by some of my BM's and they loved it, although we are now convinced that it probably costs over $1,000! LOL.

-Glenda

#47 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

Those dresses are so nice Glenda, I was just wondering about the price myself. I love #9, but totally figured it would cost way to much. Let me know if you find out the prices though. I love them.

#48 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
                  Here is the dress I want for my BM. I tried pasting the pic but I couldn't.

Rachel Roy

You have to go to Spring 07' Collection and go the 13th dress. I'm not sure what color I would like it in but I actually think the yellow is pretty. I ran it by some of my BM's and they loved it, although we are now convinced that it probably costs over $1,000! LOL.

-Glenda
                  That looks like it would be sooo comfy to wear (and a little forgiving, if you know what I mean!). I see there are some stores in Chicago that sell them - let me know if you need me to do some digging.

#49 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:17 PM

Jules #9 was my favorite (I love the color white it is my favorite color) but my BM's negged the idea b/c they think only I should wear white. God I hate those biatches. J/k but they can be very pushy! And Ann I agree that the yellow dress is very forgiving. I feel like as long as tone your arms you don't really have to worry about much more. And this way they will be able to dance in it and eat and not feel like they are going to pop out of it. My friend went to the store in NYC but they were no help. It was so weird they wouldn't tell her the price! I don't know if you would have better luck with this but by all means if you can find out the price I would greatly appreciate it! Btw, we saw the rapper Eve wearing the dress in this weeks US Weekly and last weeks In Touch. She is wearing a white version with a thin black sash across the waist. It looks really pretty. If we can't get these then maybe someone can make imitations for me? I don't know.

-Glenda

#50 JulieG

JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
                      Jules #9 was my favorite (I love the color white it is my favorite color) but my BM's negged the idea b/c they think only I should wear white. God I hate those biatches. J/k but they can be very pushy! And Ann I agree that the yellow dress is very forgiving. I feel like as long as tone your arms you don't really have to worry about much more. And this way they will be able to dance in it and eat and not feel like they are going to pop out of it. My friend went to the store in NYC but they were no help. It was so weird they wouldn't tell her the price! I don't know if you would have better luck with this but by all means if you can find out the price I would greatly appreciate it! Btw, we saw the rapper Eve wearing the dress in this weeks US Weekly and last weeks In Touch. She is wearing a white version with a thin black sash across the waist. It looks really pretty. If we can't get these then maybe someone can make imitations for me? I don't know.

-Glenda
                      Oh Glenda, I would not want them in white :) I agree, only the bride should be in white. I just assumed they came in other colours :) Since they are only available in the US, I would not be able to get them anyway, my BM's would have to try them on first, so its not something I can do, but, I will look for a style like it, I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users