Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3541 smtc0245

smtc0245
  • Newbie
  • 106 posts

    Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

    We paid the bill after the ceremony there was actually a bill on our bed ready for us after our reception.  They definetly don't charge you ahead of time minus the deposit.


    Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

    #3542 Melissa727

    Melissa727
    • Site Supporter
    • 50 posts

      Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

      OK Ladies I need your help...I'm sure if I took the time I would be able to find answers to all of my questions in the boards but unfortunately I can't seem to find them. Anyway, here is my dilemma. We are getting married on 11/4/11 at Dreams PC. As of right now we will only be having 8 guests. At most we will have 20 but I really don't see that happening. We are having a large AHR so it's not a big deal. We originally were planning on having approx. 20-30 guests and were going to go with the Ultimate Wedding Package. Now that it's looking like our guest list is shrinking considerably we are thinking about just going with the complimentary Wedding in Paradise Package. That being said, has anyone had or is going to have just a dinner with their guests at one of the restaurants after the ceremony instead of going w/one of the Dinner reception packages? If you have done one or looked into it, do you know if you can still have it in a private area of the restaurant or on the terrace? If so, do you know if there is a fee for this? Also, I have one more question. For any of you that have or will be using Dreams Photography/Videography do you know what the fee would be just for the 30 minute video of the ceremony? I can't seem to find individual fees on the website, only packages. Thanks for your help!



      #3543 ksugirl

      ksugirl
      • Newbie
      • 21 posts

        Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

        we are going through a travel agent who is using a tour company so maybe that is why we have to pay ahead.  Dreams actually already charged them so we have to pay for it ahead of time.  We are having over 20 people so I know we will also have to pay for add ons.  I will definitely be keeping the receipt so we don't get charged twice.  After hearing about your two experiences, I'm kind of worried about it now.  they haven't even charged us for the deposit yet. 



        #3544 ska2m

        ska2m
        • Site Supporter
        • 150 posts

          Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:44 AM


          Were you able to use a credit card for this balance owed?

          Originally Posted by smtc0245 

          We paid the bill after the ceremony there was actually a bill on our bed ready for us after our reception.  They definetly don't charge you ahead of time minus the deposit.



           



          #3545 smtc0245

          smtc0245
          • Newbie
          • 106 posts

            Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

            Yes we used a credit card to pay the balance.


            Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

            #3546 smtc0245

            smtc0245
            • Newbie
            • 106 posts

              Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:54 AM

              I know there was a bride on here that had a small guests list as well and just had dinner in one of the a la cartes.  I can't say for certain but I am pretty sure you won't have a private area of the resteraunt or the terrace unless you are having a private dinner.  I don't know if they can accomodate 20 guests in one of the a la carts. Also if you are having your dinner in the resteraunt there is No MUSIC No DANCING No anything. We had a private reception but it rained so we ended up in the Oceana and we couldn't Have any MUSIC or anything. They didn't even give us an additional table for a guest book or the cake.  If you are worried about any of those things i would suggest a private reception if not go for one of the a la carts just know they may not be able to seat your entire party.

               

              Originally Posted by Melissa727 

              OK Ladies I need your help...I'm sure if I took the time I would be able to find answers to all of my questions in the boards but unfortunately I can't seem to find them. Anyway, here is my dilemma. We are getting married on 11/4/11 at Dreams PC. As of right now we will only be having 8 guests. At most we will have 20 but I really don't see that happening. We are having a large AHR so it's not a big deal. We originally were planning on having approx. 20-30 guests and were going to go with the Ultimate Wedding Package. Now that it's looking like our guest list is shrinking considerably we are thinking about just going with the complimentary Wedding in Paradise Package. That being said, has anyone had or is going to have just a dinner with their guests at one of the restaurants after the ceremony instead of going w/one of the Dinner reception packages? If you have done one or looked into it, do you know if you can still have it in a private area of the restaurant or on the terrace? If so, do you know if there is a fee for this? Also, I have one more question. For any of you that have or will be using Dreams Photography/Videography do you know what the fee would be just for the 30 minute video of the ceremony? I can't seem to find individual fees on the website, only packages. Thanks for your help!



               


              Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

              #3547 Peach

              Peach
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,293 posts

                Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

                I did it! I read every single page yesterday of this thread... Turns out it was a good distraction yesterday when I was sick laying on the couch pretty much all day. Whew! 352 pages! I was just stunned by this accomplishment (of course, I could have been doing something useful, but it was addicting!) Just thought I would share that...



                #3548 farlem311

                farlem311
                • Jr. Member
                • 219 posts

                  Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

                  Don't worry I did the same thing a few months ago.  I believe you really miss out if you don't.
                   

                  Originally Posted by Peach 

                  I did it! I read every single page yesterday of this thread... Turns out it was a good distraction yesterday when I was sick laying on the couch pretty much all day. Whew! 352 pages! I was just stunned by this accomplishment (of course, I could have been doing something useful, but it was addicting!) Just thought I would share that...



                   



                  #3549 ska2m

                  ska2m
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 150 posts

                    Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

                    Thank you! I got concerned when a previous poster was told only travelers checks or cash was allowed. =)
                     

                    Originally Posted by smtc0245 

                    Yes we used a credit card to pay the balance.



                     



                    #3550 EllyCifuentes

                    EllyCifuentes
                    • Newbie
                    • 6 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

                      Hi Sherri,

                       

                      I am getting married at Dreams on July 8th.. and I'm freaking out about the set up for the reception. I just came across your pictures.. and LOVED them!! My colors are fushcia as well. I was wondering, if you didn't mind of course, if I could see some pictures of the reception decor? I was also wondering if you could let me know if you took your own sashes or rented the resorts?? 

                       

                      Would love to hear back!

                       

                      My email is cifuenteswedding@gmail.com or elly.vasquez14@gmail.com

                       

                      Thanks,

                      ELizabeth 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users