Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2411 SomersSK

SomersSK
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hi Ladies!!

Well I have just spent the past two weeks reading this entire thread! I must say I'm completley addicted :) It's funny, I feel like I know you all so well lol I can't believe how many ideas I have gotten from all of you!

I have just gotten my wedding date confirmed for Jan 12, 2011 @ 4pm, and I'm sooo excited :) Invites are in the mail, and people are starting to book!!

Sarah and Paul
    Dreams Punta Cana
    Jan 12, 2011 - 4pm

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/dxYEm4.png

#2412 JENISE

JENISE
    • 652 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hey Sarah. Welcome. I felt the same exact way! :)

We're a tight little family here. I'm sure we'll make you laugh some more! Feel free to bounce any ideas off of us and I'm sure we'll be doing the same.

#2413 Eliana

Eliana
      • 676 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hi Sarah!!!! welcome welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we are starting to get some brides past my wedding date! I was feeling like I would be the only one here after august! lol

#2414 SomersSK

SomersSK
        • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Ladies!

It feels like such a weight has been lifted off me now that the resort is FINALLY chosen, and the date confirmed...Now on to the fun planning :)

I had thought we would get married at the gazebo (bc I wasn't a huge fan of the arch on the beach), but now that I've seen pics of the chuppa (sp?)...I love it! It's just so beautiful...I think we may go for that option! I love it with just the white linen on it..

Sarah and Paul
          Dreams Punta Cana
          Jan 12, 2011 - 4pm

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/dxYEm4.png

#2415 mareW9

mareW9
          • 159 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

Tara, thank you! That really helps a lot! I'm really looking forward to having a date and resort finalized - it's definitely a big group - I'm hoping that we're overestimating, but he has a large family!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by taratoons
            Hi Marian! Wow, what a group you will have, that's a great turn out! We had 41 people in our group, including my husband and I.

Overall, I would definitely say that I liked DPB better, even before staying at DPC. I liked the beach better at DPB, the rooms, the landscaping/rocks everywhere, and the fact that it was smaller/more luxuriously laid out. However, even knowing all these things, it was not a hard decision. With that many people in our group, and many "partiers", we wanted a bigger resort, with lots to do, and a louder more exciting atmosphere. My neice and nephew came too, and I thought it was more suited to kids at DPC. I LOVE the pool at DPC too, and also, I liked the gazebo/reception options better at DPC. To me, DPB is beautiful, but I see it as more suited to a honeymoon or something due to it's smaller/more intimate size. In addition, we stayed at DPB in June, and only visited DPC for 3 hours, so although we loved DPB, we wanted the excitement of staying somewhere new! They are both great resorts, it just depends on your priorities and what you see as the most important (to us, it was the size of the resort, the pool, and the ceremony/reception options that really cemented the decision... We didn't care so much about the beach). Hope that helps, and happy planning! :0)

#2416 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
            • 350 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SomersSK
              Hi Ladies!!

Well I have just spent the past two weeks reading this entire thread! I must say I'm completley addicted :) It's funny, I feel like I know you all so well lol I can't believe how many ideas I have gotten from all of you!

I have just gotten my wedding date confirmed for Jan 12, 2011 @ 4pm, and I'm sooo excited :) Invites are in the mail, and people are starting to book!!
              Welcome Sarah! You choose the right family to join as Jenise said, lol!!

#2417 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
              • 876 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SomersSK
                Hi Ladies!!

Hi Sarah, congrats... and welcome !
                Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#2418 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
                • 330 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

OMG, ive been MIA and I come back and erins married already! CONGRATS! Im gonna hunt u down on facebook!

Welcome Sarah! I, too, am in love with the huppah and white linens although we havent seen ANY ceremony pics with it! So hopefully, when Natalie gets married she wont change her mind about the beach ceremony and uses it ;-)
                  I think its an extra $150

I cant get myself to finish my freakn invititions, I think i put too much on my plate when it comes to them. I think I would have rather paid more for someone to do them for me ;-( but Im sure when they are done I will love them! I wanted them out now! oooh well!

Since i think a few girls have changed their minds about the beach wedding, I might want to bring some nice heels to go with my dress if I decide not to do it on the sand. a sort of back up plan!

#2419 Eliana

Eliana
                  • 676 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hey Jennifer! nice to have you in FB!thank you for the request!

#2420 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

lol Jenn, my name is Natasha... bahaha Nat usually confuses people

I'm not entirely sure if we are using the huppah or not, we go back and forth about it! And now, we have thrown the gazebo into the mix... so who knows?! hahaha
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users