Jump to content
LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Recommended Posts


Another option: We had our rehearsal dinner at a restaurant called Jellyfish which was really cool. They provided transportation to and from the resort. On the way there we were provided with 2 shuttles and on the way back they gave us a coach bus. It was really fun and we had a cocktail hour with hors d'euvres on the beach right outside of the restaurant. They had chairs set up and dancing. Then we moved into the restaurant area for dinner. We gave everyone the choice of lobster or steak and both meals were amazing! This was hosted by my in-laws so I am not sure exactly how expensive it was but they did have an open bar too.
 

Originally Posted by DRwedgal2011 View Post

Lyndsay, can you send me the booking information and pricing for La Barcaza? I'm thinking of doing a welcome dinner/lunch maybe with that instead of at the resort. Thanks for any informations! :) mekharajan@hotmail.com



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JackieandTim View Post

 

 

Another option: We had our rehearsal dinner at a restaurant called Jellyfish which was really cool. They provided transportation to and from the resort. On the way there we were provided with 2 shuttles and on the way back they gave us a coach bus. It was really fun and we had a cocktail hour with hors d'euvres on the beach right outside of the restaurant. They had chairs set up and dancing. Then we moved into the restaurant area for dinner. We gave everyone the choice of lobster or steak and both meals were amazing! This was hosted by my in-laws so I am not sure exactly how expensive it was but they did have an open bar too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRwedgal2011 View Post

 

Lyndsay, can you send me the booking information and pricing for La Barcaza? I'm thinking of doing a welcome dinner/lunch maybe with that instead of at the resort. Thanks for any informations! :) mekharajan@hotmail.com

 

 

 

My hubby and I looked into the jellyfish restaurant and thought about going one evening, but never got around to getting there.  I checked the website and it looked fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Ladies,

 

Since you all provide faster replies than the wc, I'm hoping you can help me with this.  Unfortunately, my FI has classes and will not be able to begin the wedding trip until the weekend before our Tuesday wedding in April.  This means we can only be in Dr for 1 business day.  Is this pushing it?  Is it possible to organize as much as we can from here (i.e. cake selection, dinner choice, ceremony location, photographer) and on that 1 business day, we hand them our clothes for steaming and seal the rest?  Technically, we have 1 1/2 days since the wedding isn't until the evening. Please tell me what you think based on your experience.  BTW: this is a symbolic ceremony.  Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by soon2bmrs View Post

 

Hiya Ladies,

 

Since you all provide faster replies than the wc, I'm hoping you can help me with this.  Unfortunately, my FI has classes and will not be able to begin the wedding trip until the weekend before our Tuesday wedding in April.  This means we can only be in Dr for 1 business day.  Is this pushing it?  Is it possible to organize as much as we can from here (i.e. cake selection, dinner choice, ceremony location, photographer) and on that 1 business day, we hand them our clothes for steaming and seal the rest?  Technically, we have 1 1/2 days since the wedding isn't until the evening. Please tell me what you think based on your experience.  BTW: this is a symbolic ceremony.  Thanks. 

 

 

We met with the wedding coordinator a few days before our wedding to make final arrangements and give her the things that I had brought with me for the reception tables.  FI and I had made our selection for the dinner menu prior to leaving for the DR (at her request) and sent her our dinner selections via email and she reviewed it with us when we got there. 

 

I had my reception location booked long before I got there.  We had 43 people and I needed to make sure the reception location was large enough, so I made sure of this early on and she booked the Himitsu Terrace for me.  It was a perfect size and I would not have wanted anything smaller.

 

They only have three options for cakes - choc, vanilla and I think almond.  We chose vanilla and it was the best cake I have ever had.  I sent them a pick of something that I liked, and they tried to mimic - they did a good job.  It was a three tiered cake (to feed 43 people), with white icing and some designs on it - it was simple, but nice.  I was not overly picky about the cake and was very happy with what I got.

 

WC also booked my hair appts prior to my arrival with the salon and I only had to confirm them when I arrived.

 

I think you should identify this to your WC and ensure that you and FI have discussed all of the things that you want and that you are able to meet with the WC to review your arrangements or at the very least email her everything that you are wanting to arrange. 

 

I brought my own photographer with me...she is my sister and a professional photographer, so I did not have to worry about that and would not know much about this.

 

I chose the flowers when I got there - WC had sent me some email of previous bouquets and I had an idea of what I wanted to use. My BM dresses were a dark navy blue and I used orange, yellow, pink gerber daisies for flowers - they looked beautiful with the dress colour!!! 

 

In all the meeting that I had with the WC lasted no more than an hour and we had discussed and reviewed basically everything that I had ever emailed her.  She had some suggestions for music during the ceremony that I liked and used that.  She showed us the wedding location - beach for us all the way - it was perfect and the reception location.

 

Overall my meeting with the WC lasted about 35-40 minutes and that was basically the last I saw of her until the day of the wedding day.

 

My experience with the WC (mine was Deyanira) is wonderful.  She had everything organized.  I did not have the chance to check out the reception set up prior to the wedding - so I was a bit nervous, but it was perfect.  The first time I saw it was during our cocktail hour after the wedding.  She did an amazing job - as well as the staff helping her.

 

My wedding was not even a month ago yet, so I am still waiting for my pro pics - I will post some when I get them so people can see the resort and what they did for us.

 

Hope this helps

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's plenty of time as long as your wc is fine with it.  We picked everything but the flowers ahead of time, then when we met with Yessica (took about 1/2 an hour) we just went over everything and explained what we brought to decorate for the reception and how we wanted it.  The morning of the wedding we met quickly to do a run through of how it'd go at the gazebo, since it was pouring rain it was just a 5 minute explaination to the wedding party what would happen.  Your clothes can be steamed in that one day so that shouldn't be a problem.  It could be nice to do the wedding early in your trip, then you'll have less time there to be stressed about it.

 

Originally Posted by soon2bmrs View Post

Hiya Ladies,

 

Since you all provide faster replies than the wc, I'm hoping you can help me with this.  Unfortunately, my FI has classes and will not be able to begin the wedding trip until the weekend before our Tuesday wedding in April.  This means we can only be in Dr for 1 business day.  Is this pushing it?  Is it possible to organize as much as we can from here (i.e. cake selection, dinner choice, ceremony location, photographer) and on that 1 business day, we hand them our clothes for steaming and seal the rest?  Technically, we have 1 1/2 days since the wedding isn't until the evening. Please tell me what you think based on your experience.  BTW: this is a symbolic ceremony.  Thanks. 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone please tell me if the resort provides the sashes that will be on the chairs both at the ceremony and reception? Or are we supposed to take our own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbride83 View Post

 

Thanks for the cake info/photo Carol!

 

 Not a problem, any questions feel free to ask!!

 

Happy planning!!  Enjoy it goes by very quickly!!!

May I please get an email too? Thank you in advance :) Heidyeli725@aol.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can provide chair bows and napkins but I'm pretty sure the price is $3 each... it was way cheaper for us to bring our own.
 

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

Can anyone please tell me if the resort provides the sashes that will be on the chairs both at the ceremony and reception? Or are we supposed to take our own?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi drbride 83

Thank you for your info about starfish.

 

For anyone who wants to know I spoke to my wc yesterday and she said that they have water fountains that go off during the ceremony if you get married in the gazebo.

just an fyi : )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×