Photo

Thinking of renting linens and bringing with me...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

has anyone done this?

i did some searching and haven't really found anything except all the Cabo girls who rented on site or through their WC.

our location is so remote and they offer absolutely no upgrade options. they ONLY have white linens, which i am ok with, except theirs do not even sweep the floor - they really more like overlays.

i don't want to get crazy with $$$ for the tables but i want everything to come together and look finished, polished and classy.

i looked online at a couple of linen rental places but i guess i don't really know where to start and was hoping for some advice / guidance!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

I've never done it, but I'm wondering how much rentals would be? You may be able to buy some wholesale for less and not have to worry about damage or returning them. Maybe someone has firsthand experience.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Alyssa - how many tables will you need? Sometimes it is easier/cheaper to buy the fabric and make your own. Tableclothes shuold be easy, if the table are square or rectangular....

#4 KarmaB

KarmaB
        • 796 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:44 PM

I thought about this too, but I'm worried about the length of time the rental would be for. I'll be gone for 8 days. So I could see that adding up.

Let us know what you find out.

#5 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
            I thought about this too, but I'm worried about the length of time the rental would be for. I'll be gone for 8 days. So I could see that adding up.

Let us know what you find out.
            Maybe you could get a guest to bring them back early to hold down costs.

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

How many tables are you doing? I hope not a lot because I could see this taking up a lot of suitcase space. Unless you can ship it to Hawaii? I agree though. I bet you could make some pretty cheap.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                Alyssa - how many tables will you need? Sometimes it is easier/cheaper to buy the fabric and make your own. Tableclothes shuold be easy, if the table are square or rectangular....
                we will have 6 tables that are 60" round - so they will need 120" linens if we want them to reach the floor.

then we will have 1 table for the 2 of us and i am not sure what size that one is.

also - we will have 3 rectangular tables for the rehearsal dinner and i am waiting on the measurements for those.

PS Carly - i don't even know how to sew!!

#8 Minx1969

Minx1969
                • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

hi Alyssa - I'm getting married in 4 weeks in Cabo and I'm bringing my linens with me. I didn't like the whites so I picked some fabulous colors.

#9 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

This is the same problem that I am having. Our number has jumped from 60-80 to over 115 guests....so I know that I will have a good number of tables. Maybe I'll just try to work with runners. They should be easier to travel with.

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Minx1969
                      hi Alyssa - I'm getting married in 4 weeks in Cabo and I'm bringing my linens with me. I didn't like the whites so I picked some fabulous colors.
                      Minx1969 - cute name haha! where did you get your linens from? are you also bringing your own napkins?
                      thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users