Older links not working?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

Could it be that maybe some older posts with links have been dumped and that is why when I click on a link in a post from like last July or whatever, it just redirects me back to the main page?

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

I have had that happen before too, I just assumed there was something wrong when they posted it, but your explanation sounds much better :-P

#3 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

If you tell me what links your referring to I maybe able to help you.

#4 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

That could be the case - I know we Mods did a lot of cleaning up in the recent past, deleting or merging some of hte older or duplicate threads. Also, Tammy (host) recently ran some diagnostics to help fourm performance and to clean up any orphan post/users - so perhaps that causes some broken links.

Like Glenda said, let us know the specific thread, and maybe we can help. We'll try anyway!

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

we have been merging alot of older threads to keep the forum running more efficiently.

we did have a database corruption a few weeks ago and we did lose some data so it could be that.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

here is an example of a link that takes me to nothing but the main page boo, i really wanted to read it.

#7 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

Abbie - the Mods are always doing house cleaning - Sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users