Photo

Bridesmaid Gifts

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 missb0308

missb0308
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm planning to have an in-house massage for the 3 girls and I at our villa, but I'm wondering if I should have it the morning of the wedding?  We are only arriving one day prior to the ceremony, and I feel like the day of arrival is too soon to schedule them.  Will we be too oily if we have the massage the morning of the ceremony?  Or should I schedule it later in the week and just tell them about it on the day they arrive?

I love love love the Kate Spade bangle someone posted, so I'm getting that for my MOH.  I also love the beach chair covers with the pillows and pockets, so I'll get the girls each a tote with one of those in it, some flip flops, and each couple will get a bottle of our favorite tequila.

I think I'm going to have my fiance take all of the boys for lunch and beers while we get our massages.  I hope that isn't a mistake .

#102 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
    • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I went all out, we bought our bridal parties outfits, we gave them each $250 off the trip, Then I let the girls get their own shoes and earrings, and I am going to give them bracelets to wear for the wedding. I I probably went way overboard but I also wanted to spoil them. Anyway, It's up to you, just remember being a bridesmaid is expensive and add travel on top of it, so that's why I did so much.

#103 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
      • 79 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

I love the Tiffany Pearl Bracelet! I agree with DWBride2Be, it all depends on what you want to spend. My friends/bridesmaids have been there for me in more ways than I can count so I feel the need to shower them with gifts!

#104 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

I went all out, we bought our bridal parties outfits, we gave them each $250 off the trip, Then I let the girls get their own shoes and earrings, and I am going to give them bracelets to wear for the wedding. I
          I probably went way overboard but I also wanted to spoil them.
          Anyway, It's up to you, just remember being a bridesmaid is expensive and add travel on top of it, so that's why I did so much.

We are going WAY overboard too, especially for the girls. We bought the outfits (not that they were very expensive), and I have been adding stuff to beach bags for them for over a year now... They can choose their own jewelry and shoes for the day, though I am giving them stuff too. And I just ordered a pearl necklace and set of earrings for my MOH, who is my sister. I think I am pretty much done!

#105 ashk

ashk
          • 100 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Where are you ladies finding these beach chair covers? They are so nice! I think my girls and our moms would really like them.

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#106 Kay6356

Kay6356
            • 543 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
            • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hey Ladies,

I have a collection of OKAB shoes.  They are amazing shoes and they even have a bridal collection.  These would make for great gifts for you bridesmaids, and even the groomsmen (My FI loves is OKAB's).http://www.oka-b.com/

#107 smileitseb

smileitseb
            • 310 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
            • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Wow I'm glad I found this thread, it's giving me good ideas. So far, I'm planning to get my bridesmaids:

purple floral silk robes

jewelry for the wedding

personalized leather passport cover and luggage tags

and a beach bag

I am also thinking about massages but it just depends on my budget.

I don't want to get them anything they will just disregard so I'm trying to plan carefully!!

58 guests plus bride and groom
            Ceremony: Gazebo
            Reception: Pool Deck

#108 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
            • 4,506 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
            • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Wow I'm glad I found this thread, it's giving me good ideas. So far, I'm planning to get my bridesmaids:

purple floral silk robes

jewelry for the wedding

personalized leather passport cover and luggage tags

and a beach bag

I am also thinking about massages but it just depends on my budget.

I don't want to get them anything they will just disregard so I'm trying to plan carefully!!

Great ideas!

I got my girls

- paid for small portion of their dress

- anklet

- necklace and earrings for ceremony

- sandals for ceremony

- makeup bag

- beach bag

-  little package of nail/foot files, compact, body butter, body spray, etc.

- colorful sunglasses for wedding pics

They will get the same OOT stuff as everyone else.

I wanted to get them everything they needed for the wedding day itself so they didn't have to spend anymore of their own money. Sometimes I feel like I didn't do enough but fiance told me to quit spending as it was adding up!

Fiance got his groomsmen leather shaving kits, travel package for inside (shaving cream, etc.) and a dog tag necklace that is personalized for them.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users