Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2041 roxy1122

roxy1122
  • Site Supporter
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

Thank you CherryBomb! Please post pics when you have a chance and congratulations on your wedding!!  I would love to see how the beach party looked :)

#2042 roxy1122

roxy1122
    • Site Supporter
    • 137 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hi there Cherrybomb, quick question:

At what time did you have your dinner reception and was it not hot since it sounds like it was an open-air restaurant? are there any indoor restaurants? I am wondering because i expect my guests to dance and if we have a reception in one of the open air restaurants, I 'd like to know where there is air conditioning (or not!).

THANKS

#2043 richarsd

richarsd
      • 331 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Congrats Cherrybomb! Please post some pics or let us know the link to them if possible...would love to see how yours was all set up!!

#2044 msredbird51

msredbird51
        • 65 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Congrats CherryBomb! Thanks so much for sharing your story and I'm so happy to hear about another smashing success of a wedding at the GP. I simply cannot wait for November 11 when we leave. It can't get here fast enough! lol

For anyone who has already been married at the GP, can you tell me a little about the ceremony itself. Since there is no "rehearsal" I'm sort of trying to make sure that I have the order of things in my head, so I can prepare certain guests/wedding party who are asking questions. Also, I'm trying to figure out how much music/songs I need for processional stuff. Like does the groom and best man walk in by themselves? First? Do the parents get a special entrance? Before or after groom? How long were you guests seated and waiting for all of this to happen? Trying to figure out how many songs I need for people to walk into, and if/how much music I need for guests to listen to while they're being seated and waiting.

Thanks!

#2045 mellibelli

mellibelli
          • 34 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Cherrybomb! Awesome review.....I was wondering if your HDC package was expensive? I've been to their site and their photos look impressive.

Thanks so much!

#2046 richarsd

richarsd
            • 331 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

Here is the price list my travel agent gave us for HDC and is good for the 2011 season:

bronze

50 photos on cd
              50 photos on dvd                  750.00US

gold
              75 photos on cd
              75 photos on dvd
              10 photos 6x8
              1 book small                         1,500.00US

platinum
              150 photos cd
              75 photos on dvd
              60 photos 6x8
              1 big book
              1 dvd video
              20 photos souvenirs              2,200.00US

royal
              all photos cd
              all photos on dvd
              all 6x8
              1 big book
              2 video dvd
              2 photos 12 x18 poster
              50 photos souvenirs 5x7         3,000.00US

super royal
              all photos 2 cd
              all photos 2 dvd
              1 big book
              2 small book
              3 dvd videos
              10 photos 8 x 12
              5 photos 12 x 18 poster
              70 photos souvenirs 4x6
                                                      3,500.00US

If you want a Trash the Dress session it is extra:

TRASH THE DRESS SESSION includes:

• 1 hour Photo Session (usually the day after your wedding but can be different)

• 1 DVD with all the pictures in high resolution that you can print
              at any lab and in any size.
The DVD includes approximately 150
              pictures (Originals & Edited).

• 1 Slideshow on DVD of your best pictures (with titles and music
              of your choice).

• 1 set of 50 printed pictures in 6 x 8.

250 US$

#2047 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
              • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

My date is April 28, 2011 and I have confirmed it with Carolina as well as sent her the Wedding Agreement. Is there anything else I should be doing or communicating with her about? I see people discussing menus and stuff so I want to make sure I am not behind on anything! Thanks!

#2048 natalie1987

natalie1987
                • 201 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff 

My date is April 28, 2011 and I have confirmed it with Carolina as well as sent her the Wedding Agreement. Is there anything else I should be doing or communicating with her about? I see people discussing menus and stuff so I want to make sure I am not behind on anything! Thanks!

My date is April 30, 2011! I only did what you did. Carolina told me just to wait until I get down there about the menu and stuff.

#2049 richarsd

richarsd
                  • 331 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

Technically, you can wait until you get down there to do everything (fill her in on what you want for the menu, reception, decorations, DJ/no DJ, etc. etc.). You'll have your meeting with Carolina a day or two before the wedding and she'll go over it all then. Honestly, I think the advance planning a lot of us do is more for our peace of mind...Caroline doesn't really need the advanced notice unless maybe you wanted something really out of the ordinary.

#2050 chell44

chell44
                    • 202 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Hey, what was the wedding agreement??? I booked my date with Carolina back in April and it was only through email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users