Photo

Bad news just flew into town... *UPDATED*

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

Oh, Stephanie. I am so sorry. I haven't read the other girls' posts yet - I just wanted you to know how bad I feel that you are going through this. That being said, just try to support your mom - as hard as it may be. He sounds like he'd like nothing more than to alienate her from her family. Just be there for her, and tell her of your concerns. She'll need you when she realizes what kind of nut he is.

#52 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
    • 127 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

Um, I would be Bullshit!!!! It sounds like a Lifetime movie. I would be concerned for her saftey for sure!!! Try to not let it get you down right before your wedding

#53 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Yeah I was telling someone about it today and I said it sounds like a super bad dream that I can't wake up from. I did talk to her again on Tuesday and told her I was really scared for her. I guess that is all I can do for now. I am just waiting to see how this all plays out.

#54 chicago88

chicago88
        • 699 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

OMG...Are you serious? That is crazy & to do it before you're planned wedding in 3 months - I really can't believe that? I'm so sorry. Like you said she is a grown woman and is going to do what she wants. Does she have any siblings you could tell to talk to her about it? She may not be as defensive.

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#55 staceyandadam

staceyandadam
          • 114 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

You can never be too careful these days!!! Get a backround check, ensure you and your families safety... Take a deep breath!! I can only imagine all the things flooding into your thoughts right now... Our thoughts are with you!!
            **Stace**

#56 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

Stephanie - just wondering how you're doing?

#57 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

Well...
                We are trying to get to know him (sister and I) but he avoids going out to lunch with us. My sister has talked to my grandparents and they are very worried about her but don't want to overstep their bound( MN nice?!) and my sister let them know that we were hoping they would say something to her because she isn't listening to us.

My sisters and I all sat down and talked to her and I don't think she listened to one word we said. She said if they won't let him transfer his parol here unless they get married than they are going to do it right away.

Chris and I talked about it last night and I said how sid I thought it was that she is so desperate for companionship that she jumps at the first chance she gets. I know that this is the case, she had been mentioning that she is lonely.

So I guess I am doing as well as I can with the situation. I feel like I am watching someone I love drown and I don't know how to swim out to save them. I can tell her how I think she should swim but she is chosing not to.

Thanks for checking in

#58 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by StephanieMN
                  Well...
                  We are trying to get to know him (sister and I) but he avoids going out to lunch with us. My sister has talked to my grandparents and they are very worried about her but don't want to overstep their bound( MN nice?!) and my sister let them know that we were hoping they would say something to her because she isn't listening to us.

My sisters and I all sat down and talked to her and I don't think she listened to one word we said. She said if they won't let him transfer his parol here unless they get married than they are going to do it right away.

Chris and I talked about it last night and I said how sid I thought it was that she is so desperate for companionship that she jumps at the first chance she gets. I know that this is the case, she had been mentioning that she is lonely.

So I guess I am doing as well as I can with the situation. I feel like I am watching someone I love drown and I don't know how to swim out to save them. I can tell her how I think she should swim but she is chosing not to.

Thanks for checking in
                  Wow, you are in a tough situation. I really hopes it all works out. You are doing the best you can. It is so hard to tell a grown adult what to do, especially a parent.

#59 MelissaH

MelissaH
                  • 1,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

Do you have any idea what he was in jail for? Not that it's any of my business...I'm just really hoping it was something very minor and nothing that would put your mom in danger

#60 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                    • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MelissaH
                      Do you have any idea what he was in jail for? Not that it's any of my business...I'm just really hoping it was something very minor and nothing that would put your mom in danger

On his background check we came up with things dating back to 1992 and it has been burlary, theft and drug dealing. Nothing violent but still pretty scary. We are not talking about a guy who messed up once. He had 20 offenses!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users