Confessions

ErinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar83 View Post
My sister in law said that if we did not invite her to our wedding she was going to crash it!
my fiance and I havent spoken to her in over a year!
and my in laws are pressuring us to invite her, continously!
She's going to crash it? How tacky is that? I love how grown women resort to high school antics when they are jealous or don't get their way.

If I were you I still wouldn't invite her. And unless your in laws are paying for the wedding I don't think they should get to pressure you about it.
You may just assume that she's going to come whether or not you invite her that way you aren't surprised but she's probably just threatening you and wouldn't follow through on it. I mean, who would travel to a different country for a wedding they weren't invited and not have the though cross their mind that gee, once they get there and make their appearance, (especially if they don't get the reaction they want from you guys) it's going to be one hell of an awkward week for her.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis View Post
She's going to crash it? How tacky is that? I love how grown women resort to high school antics when they are jealous or don't get their way.

If I were you I still wouldn't invite her. And unless your in laws are paying for the wedding I don't think they should get to pressure you about it.
You may just assume that she's going to come whether or not you invite her that way you aren't surprised but she's probably just threatening you and wouldn't follow through on it. I mean, who would travel to a different country for a wedding they weren't invited and not have the though cross their mind that gee, once they get there and make their appearance, (especially if they don't get the reaction they want from you guys) it's going to be one hell of an awkward week for her.
Agreed! She'll wind up looking like an idiot, especially if people know she wasn't invited!

Sorry for scaring you off with the spider picture! lol

I confess that I'm posting here just to see if my new profile pic downloaded properly.

I confess that it was extremely awkward to see my fiance and ex-fiance working together yesterday to help a friend of mine move. I'm ok friends with my ex now but its still weird to see them getting along. And joking together about my mom being hot*eye roll* I guess that's what I get for asking FI to give my ex a chance and not be paranoid that he's always trying to win me back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
i confess that i just listened to about 2 bars of the song i used for the father/daughter dance at my wedding, and got so upset i almost puked all over my keyboard. won't be doing that again anytime soon.
Aww Lisa I know how hard this is for you...I have not even attempted to listen to the song or watch the video from my dance with my father over last Thanksgiving...maybe one day but not any time soonClick the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis View Post
I confess that it was extremely awkward to see my fiance and ex-fiance working together yesterday to help a friend of mine move. I'm ok friends with my ex now but its still weird to see them getting along. And joking together about my mom being hot*eye roll* I guess that's what I get for asking FI to give my ex a chance and not be paranoid that he's always trying to win me back.

I feel your pain! My FI and my ex-husband have to converse from time to time and it has in the past result in discussions about my mother/brother/ etc. Or even me! Hey at least they got along right! lol

• 2 weeks later...

CONFESSIONS!! You want confessions!! Here you go...

1. Ive been thinking how great it would be to invite my ex-boyfriend/ sons father to the wedding just so he can see how beautiful I look and how happy I am with my soon to be FI.

2. Im pissed at my soon to be FI because his soon to be ex-wife is prolonging their divorce and ofcourse, we cant engaged till its final.

3. The reason for the DW is because I dont want to have it in the states and ex-wife try to crash our wedding.

AND LAST BUT DEFINETLY, DEFINETLY, DEFINETLY NOT LEAST...

4. My FBIL is my ex-FI from 5 years ago. blush2.gif

(ex-FI/FBIL doesnt seem to happy about our relationship but ex-FI/FBIL cant say anything becuz his wife doesnt know he was cheating & lying to both of us when they were dating, nor that he was engaged during their relationship. Thats why he's an ex!!)

More to come...popcorn.gif

I'm pissed off at my FMIL. Even more so because I REALLY want to have a good relationship with her.. I love my FI, and I really want to love his mom.. but we're SO different and I just don't trust her.

1. She's sneaky and manipulative.. and overly dramatic.

2. She's extremely superficial.. constantly fixates on how she looks (she's in her 50's.. and does look good.. but give it a freaking break.. you're never going to be 20 again, age gracefully), how skinny she is, and constantly comments on how I look, and how my friends look, and how random little kids look ("what a fat pig").. seriously..

3. When FI and I first got engaged, she told us that she and her husband had decided on a specific amount they would contribute to the wedding.. we are extremely tight right now, as I'm a student and shifts are short at work for him because of the economy.. since that time, she has not made mention of it again, nor has she offered to pay for any part of the wedding.. It's frustrating, because we really don't expect anybody else to pay for our wedding, but to say that you will contribute, and then not follow though.. just sucks.. we are extremely stressed, and strapped, and they have asked my parents what they are giving us (my parents have paid for things for our wedding and also given us a cash amount, but have not told the inlaws that), and then said to them that "well we are planning to go on a lot of vacations this year, so I guess we'll see what's left in the bank account".. I mean, they have every right to spend their hard earned money on themselves.. but to say that.. (when they KNOW how hard things have been for us in the past two years), is just so tacky.

4. her husband constantly makes sexually innapropriate comments to me, my family members, my friends.. granted this is not her fault.. and usually she tells him to tone it down.. but from time to time she contributes, and it makes me sick.