Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4531 StarfishBride2010

StarfishBride2010
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Ladies -
    Cecilia told me she has 46 weddings in June alone. She is extremely busy. You might be better off calling her if you can. I can tell you if you have detailed questions she is wonderful once you arrive at making sure you get everything you want.

#4532 MR1124

MR1124
    • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

Congrats!! Welcome back!! Can't wait to read your review!! I will be going on my site visit this weekend!!

#4533 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
      • 656 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

Starfishbride! Yay, your Juneweddingdreams?!?! I was hoping you'd come back as someone new. I missed you. You were very helpful for me when I was in the beginning stages and had no clue! Welcome back girly!

#4534 tomick

tomick
        • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

Does ayone have Claudia as their planner??
          I'm hearing all the great stories about Cecilia, but nothing about Claudia.
          Anyone have any experience with her

#4535 StarfishBride2010

StarfishBride2010
          • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

Peterpanpixiedust - yes its me :) I was trying to keep low as much as I could in fear I'd be bumped off again. If something happens below is my email address...feel free to contact me about anything! We have over 3000 pictures so we captured just about EVERYTHING :) I'd be happy to share! The wedding was truly a dream come true!

lindsey.pearson@plexus.com or linzj27@yahoo.com

#4536 shae

shae
            • 308 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

hi ladies - i leave for cancun in 11 days and i'm getting worried because of the huge tropical storm that's in the gulf right now. i hope it passes soon

#4537 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
              • 299 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by shae
                hi ladies - i leave for cancun in 11 days and i'm getting worried because of the huge tropical storm that's in the gulf right now. i hope it passes soon
                I leave in 3 days! It looks like it might mess with our flights, but should be passed the area around Tuesday. It also looks like it's going more inland than the originally thought, so Cancun might not even be hit. Hopefully you'll be fine!

On another note, it looks like Dreams has been having problems with overbooking again (according to posts on facebook). Hopefully this won't affect us, but some of our guests did book with Orbitz or Expedia. Figures all of this is happening again when I'm about to leave, as if I didn't have enough to worry about!

#4538 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                • 1,236 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tomick
                  Does ayone have Claudia as their planner??
                  I'm hearing all the great stories about Cecilia, but nothing about Claudia.
                  Anyone have any experience with her
                  I leave in 3 days! It looks like it might mess with our flights, but should be passed the area around Tuesday. It also looks like it's going more inland than the originally thought, so Cancun might not even be hit. Hopefully you'll be fine!

On another note, it looks like Dreams has been having problems with overbooking again (according to posts on facebook). Hopefully this won't affect us, but some of our guests did book with Orbitz or Expedia. Figures all of this is happening again when I'm about to leave, as if I didn't have enough to worry about!
                  I have heard that alot of times when you book through an online service (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia) That reservations sometimes get lost and its not really the hotels' fault. I wold suggest that your guests keep all confirmation of their booking and maybe tell other people who haven't booked yet to go through a TA just to be safe :)
                  Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                  My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#4539 StarfishBride2010

StarfishBride2010
                  • 45 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

We had a couple guests who ran into this "overbooking" issue at Dreams. They booked through Expedia and were asked to switch to the Hyatt right next door mid way through their trip. They were there for the wedding but the next day Dreams asked them to move due to being overbooked and the Expedia and Orbitz customers are the ones forced to move. I would just play it by ear. They did allow our guests to utilize our resort at no extra charge and they just slept at the other hotel pretty much so we didn't notice it too much. Hope this helps! Good luck with everything! It will be great!

#4540 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
                    • 299 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by StarfishBride2010
                      We had a couple guests who ran into this "overbooking" issue at Dreams. They booked through Expedia and were asked to switch to the Hyatt right next door mid way through their trip. They were there for the wedding but the next day Dreams asked them to move due to being overbooked and the Expedia and Orbitz customers are the ones forced to move. I would just play it by ear. They did allow our guests to utilize our resort at no extra charge and they just slept at the other hotel pretty much so we didn't notice it too much. Hope this helps! Good luck with everything! It will be great!
                      Thanks ladies, that makes me feel better that they can still stay at the resort during the day! I imagined them being shipped off to some resort several miles away. Now if tropical storm Alex would keep moving along and no other large storms pop up, I'll feel so much better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter