Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2281 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

probably a dumb question, but does anyone who has been to dreams cancun know if they have beach towels available to you, or you just have to grab one of your room towels every day and hope housekeeping restocks? LOL

if they don't provide beach towels, i might order some for my guests. then again, i really don't want *another* suitcase full of guest-gifts ...

#2282 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

There will be plenty of towels. There are baskets all over the resort of big blue towels
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#2283 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by STACEY
        There will be plenty of towels. There are baskets all over the resort of big blue towels
        thanks! i figured there would have to be!

#2284 dc22173

dc22173
        • 240 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:18 AM

I am not having quite as many people as I thought I would have for our wedding. It is looking like it is just going to be 15 of us. I still want to do something after the ceremony just not a full reception with dinner. Has anyone ever heard of doing like a 2 hour cocktail hour? I see that the packages include 1 hour but I wonder if they would allow me to just pay for the extra hour and forget the whole reception thing.

#2285 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
          • 466 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by dc22173
            I am not having quite as many people as I thought I would have for our wedding. It is looking like it is just going to be 15 of us. I still want to do something after the ceremony just not a full reception with dinner. Has anyone ever heard of doing like a 2 hour cocktail hour? I see that the packages include 1 hour but I wonder if they would allow me to just pay for the extra hour and forget the whole reception thing.
            If you are getting a package, I am sure if you asked Claudia she would exchange the reception for more time for a cocktail hour. It would certainly make her job a whole lot easier!!!

#2286 lanalovesyou

lanalovesyou
            • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

Thats actually a really good idea! Having a longer cocktail hour instead of a dinner. I am having twenty guests and the club terrace will be perfect for a more intimate dinner... i figured having the coctail hour will give the guests a little variety while the wedding party is taking photos...

#2287 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

well, i finally gave up on trying to convince my fiance we needed to hire an outside photographer, and instead just TOLD HIM i was hiring one, why it was so important to me, and that i was paying for it myself.

so ... after much deliberation, i chose (and booked!) moments that matter photography Wedding Photographer Mexico , Cancun , Playa Del Carmen , Mayan Riviera

i'm getting TWO photographers for five hours!! i do have to pay for two day passes, but it still ended up cheaper than claudia rodriguez (whose work i also loved). lincoln and lori are fantastic so far ... i have not yet waited more than a few HOURS for a thorough, courteous response ... in fluent english (they are canadian ... moved to the riviera maya a few years ago)!!!! after waiting SO long for responses from the wedding coordinators, and then their responses being vague or not answering my questions at all, let me tell ya, it seemed like a dream, LOL!

so happy to finally feel as though i have something important accomplished!

#2288 mc5363

mc5363
                • 315 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Does any previous brides have input on photographers in Cancun? I am having an awful time trying to decide. Help!!

#2289 CanadaBride

CanadaBride
                  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mc5363
                    Does any previous brides have input on photographers in Cancun? I am having an awful time trying to decide. Help!!
                    Oh I feel the same way, I finally decided that I needed to hire someone other than the photographer included in the package because I wasn't very impressed with his website!

I have sent emails to Moments that matters (just this morning.. thanks mummergirl!), Claudia Rodriguez, and Michael Maurus (Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya)

I received a response back from Michael already, and this company is reasonably priced. For some reason I can't attach:

http://cancun-weddin....ollections.pdf

#2290 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

Try martha Roque 2 she is great - i am biased she is my photographer lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter