Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#8671 JHarris

JHarris
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hi Lisa!!

I can't wait!! Unfortunately I'm in the midst of half year audit - so that's been keeping me grounded. But it definitely gets harder to stay focused as each day passes!!

All these great reviews about recent weddings makes me super happy. YAY!!

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

JHarris,

You must be getting antsy! I can't wait until it's your turn! **hugs**

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#8672 SweetLe

SweetLe
    • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

All these reviews are getting me so excited! Thanks, Ladies!

June 24th, 2011- The day I marry my best friend...
      Royal Playa del Carmen
      20+ Bride and Groom and Counting!

#8673 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Ladies! I'm back! Wedding was incredible, would not have done it any other way  =)

Sorry I didn't post my planning thread and review, I'll get on it this week. Some sh*t hit the fan RIIIGHT before leaving so i didn't have a chance to get my planning thread up. Someone lost thier passport and then another person had problems entering the US suddenly because of their name - this was all 2 days prior to departure - I was a basket case. Person had to get their passport replaced in 24 hours ($$$) the other person had to book a new flight and lose out on their existing one via US. Couldn't find flight that didn't cost $1500 on the dates, they ended up departing 1 day early and returning 1 day earlier. Then the hotel transfer included wouldn't cover the day earlier so we had to find something seperate.

But it all worked out in the end, the days following the wedding went by the fastest.......will tell you ladies all about it very sooon.

=)

*sigh* back to work, back to reality......i guess now i can be more productive  =P

#8674 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Rosieposie,

Glad to hear that everything worked out at the end!

STOP WORKING and TELL US MORE ABOUT UR WEDDING...NOW :-P

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#8675 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
          • 277 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

I love coming on here still and reading the posts.  I'm totally having wedding planning withdrawals, I want to do it all over again BUT this time enjoy it and not be a stressed out maniac!  LOL

My best advise for all future brides is do not stress, The Royal has everything until control and they are there to make sure your day is perfect.

I still have to post my review, trying to wait until I get my professional pics but that will be a few more weeks. 

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#8676 JoZee84

JoZee84
            • 157 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hi ladies, Dimax21 great review!  I only have 17 people coming down for our wedding too.  It was good to hear you still had a blast with less than 20. 

I'm less than 2 weeks away!!!  I was told I have Lili as my onsite WC but I still haven't been contacted by her yet.  Tad bit stressed bout it but I'm sure I'll hear from her soon. 

#8677 RGWedding

RGWedding
              • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hi ladies,

I need help! How are your guests booking their trips? Is it best to:

1. get a travel agent that guests can book resort & flight through

2. have guests call resort to book room and book flight on their own

3. leave everyone to book on their own (ie travelocity)

Thank you for the advice! People are already asking me how they can book and I don't know what to tell them. I'm getting married 12/4/11 so time is running out!

#8678 JHarris

JHarris
                • 236 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

My Royal ladies!!!

I need some assistance! Originally no children were allowed bc we wanted an adults only celebration but now we are allowing them (3 kids in total) due to the parents hesitation in hiring onsite sitters.

Has anyone had their wedding at the Royal side with kids? How much was your expense? I asked my wedding planner and she wrote it would cost us $15 usd each = $330 usd each dinner. That sounds super expensive. I'm waiting on a response from her to clarify bc that's just crazy.

I have a feeling a response from you guys is way quicker than waiting on her.

Also - has anyone been allowed to have a rehearsal dinner at the Adults side only with children since it's part of a wedding event? My only other plan of action is to have it off-site somewhere or at the family side - which I really do not want.

Any advice is super helpful!!!

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#8679 orange_peel

orange_peel
                  • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:14 AM

JHarris,

I had three kids at my wedding at the Royal. One baby, one 11-year old, one 9-year old. They had no problems. 

It was $2.50 each for the Private Cocktail Hour, $1.25 each for the Champagne toast and cake, and $10.00 each for the Reception Dinner, and $2.50 each for the Extra hour. The baby did not have an extra charge (thank goodness). 

Also - you are allowed to have a Rehearsal Dinner with kids at the Royal. We discussed doing this, but we decided the better option for us was to just all meet at the Gran Porto Lobby Bar for drinks before dinner the night before our wedding. It was already included; we didn't have the budget to pay for another dinner. It turned out so great and the location was perfect (the ocean breeze!), and we ended up being the only party there (all 50 of us!). It was so informal, but so fun - everyone was meeting and mingling with each other, we had our iPad with a slideshow that was being passed around. What we had planned for one hour, ended by being two hours because everyone was having such an awesome time. Then, we all just split up for dinner, and met up again afterwards at the Royal Lobby Bar for more fun (the kids were in bed). Our group had a great time meeting each other before the big day. It was a great warm-up to the wedding. I HIGHLY recommend going this route if you want a more informal, relaxed, and fun atmosphere, and if $15 (or whatever it costs) per head is too much!

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by JHarris 

My Royal ladies!!!

I need some assistance! Originally no children were allowed bc we wanted an adults only celebration but now we are allowing them (3 kids in total) due to the parents hesitation in hiring onsite sitters.

Has anyone had their wedding at the Royal side with kids? How much was your expense? I asked my wedding planner and she wrote it would cost us $15 usd each = $330 usd each dinner. That sounds super expensive. I'm waiting on a response from her to clarify bc that's just crazy.

I have a feeling a response from you guys is way quicker than waiting on her.

Also - has anyone been allowed to have a rehearsal dinner at the Adults side only with children since it's part of a wedding event? My only other plan of action is to have it off-site somewhere or at the family side - which I really do not want.

Any advice is super helpful!!!

#8680 orange_peel

orange_peel
                    • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:15 AM

*Also - you are allowed to KIDS have a Rehearsal Dinner with kids at the Royal.

Sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter