Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#8351 GC2008

GC2008
  • Jr. Member
  • 183 posts

    Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:36 PM


    ya theres a ton to choose from...im having a hard time choosing:

     

    Mash potatoes au gratin
    Spinach saut©e with cream
    Potato skins filled with Cheddar cheese
    Mushroom saut©e au fine herbs
    Sour cabbage with ginger
    Roasted sweet potato au sesame seed perfume
    Risotto au Parmesan cheese
    Ratatouille
    Grilled vegetables
    Egg plant enveloped in prosciutto
    Vegetables julienne au olive oil
    Pasta any style
    Cauliflower in Hollandaise sauce
    Broccoli au gratin
    Rice noodles au coconut
    Souffl© potatoes
    Asparagus au gratin
    Vegetables lasagna
    Season’s veggies with almond butter
    Fried rice
    Vegetables tapenade
    Cactus duxel
    Caramelized sweet potatoes
    Zucchini pur©e

    Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 





    I was thinking the same thing.  Is there a list to choose from or something?



     



    #8352 ChicagoBride2011

    ChicagoBride2011
    • Jr. Member
    • 277 posts

      Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:42 PM



      Originally Posted by GC2008 


      ya theres a ton to choose from...im having a hard time choosing:

       

      Mash potatoes au gratin
      Spinach saut©e with cream
      Potato skins filled with Cheddar cheese
      Mushroom saut©e au fine herbs
      Sour cabbage with ginger
      Roasted sweet potato au sesame seed perfume
      Risotto au Parmesan cheese
      Ratatouille
      Grilled vegetables
      Egg plant enveloped in prosciutto
      Vegetables julienne au olive oil
      Pasta any style
      Cauliflower in Hollandaise sauce
      Broccoli au gratin
      Rice noodles au coconut
      Souffl© potatoes
      Asparagus au gratin
      Vegetables lasagna
      Season’s veggies with almond butter
      Fried rice
      Vegetables tapenade
      Cactus duxel
      Caramelized sweet potatoes
      Zucchini pur©e



       



      Thanks so much for posting this!  I never got this from WC.  This is great, I may have to do two now. :)

       


      Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


      #8353 ChicagoBride2011

      ChicagoBride2011
      • Jr. Member
      • 277 posts

        Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

        Is there an extensive list similar to the side dish list for entree's and desserts as well?  Now I'm thinking I may have more to chose from of those as wel  and never got them. :(


        Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


        #8354 SarahE786

        SarahE786
        • Jr. Member
        • 176 posts

          Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:16 PM



          Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

          Lot's of May weddings coming up!  Mine is May 1 and I really can't believe how fast time is flying, we leave in 45 days!!  I still have some lose ends to finish up as well... waiting to hear back from Marvin about bouquets, need to decide on centerpieces, and need to write ceremony!

           

          I'm going to send my checklist over to my WC tonight, any tips for those of who have done this already? :)


          I'm waiting on Marvin as well! Trying to figure out all the last minute decisions like centerpieces is tough!

           

          Can anyone that is doing their hair & make up in the resort spa let me know what type of timeline they went for? I have a 5:30 ceremony and want to make sure that I have enough time!

           



          #8355 JoZee84

          JoZee84
          • Jr. Member
          • 157 posts

            Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:35 PM



            Originally Posted by dimax21 

            Did you just ask about the fee for thr judge? How did you get out of paying? Also, what was the info about the second garnish? can we get 2?

             



             


            I asked my WC. We're getting married on a Wed at 5:30pm.  She said on my check list not to check the box for the judge and it was included.  Also the white linens are included without a fee.  We choose 2 garnishes, its $2 more per plate for a real guest and $4 for a non. 
             

             



            Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

            really? 1:30 in the afternoon? I would have never know. thanks for the info! : )
             



             



            I thought that was early too.



            Originally Posted by SarahE786 




            I'm waiting on Marvin as well! Trying to figure out all the last minute decisions like centerpieces is tough!

             

            Can anyone that is doing their hair & make up in the resort spa let me know what type of timeline they went for? I have a 5:30 ceremony and want to make sure that I have enough time!

             



            Marvin's stuff is amazing! If you tell him what kind of flowers your interested in he'll send you pics of ones he has already done with them.  Makes it a little easier to narrow down. 

            I scheduled my hair apt at 1pm. It sounds early but I figured if I didn't like it, gives me time to fix it myself.  :()

             



            #8356 GC2008

            GC2008
            • Jr. Member
            • 183 posts

              Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:05 AM

              didnt your wedding coordinator send you the dinner menu brochure? you can also find it posted on the hotel's website under weddings...
               

              Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 

              Is there an extensive list similar to the side dish list for entree's and desserts as well?  Now I'm thinking I may have more to chose from of those as wel  and never got them. :(



               



              #8357 chloeann

              chloeann
              • Newbie
              • 6 posts

                Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

                Hi Everyone,

                 

                I just booked my wedding for August 24, 2011!! I'm almost 5 months away :) I've never been to the Royal and booked based on reviews. Any hints/tips/suggestions?

                 

                Thanks!



                #8358 JHarris

                JHarris
                • Jr. Member
                • 236 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:08 PM



                  Originally Posted by JoZee84 

                  FYI for who ever in interested in going to the Blue Parrot, their fire show is at 1:30 pm and 10:30 pm.  monday and thursdays are ladies night no cover and free drinks. The rest of the days there is a $10 cover after 10pm.



                   Thanks for the info JoZee!!! Wednesday the 15th we're going there after our welcome cocktails. =)


                  Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


                  #8359 JHarris

                  JHarris
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 236 posts

                    Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

                    For any Houston Brides that are looking for a great place for Bridal pictures, I highly recommend Las Velas (used to be called Paraiso Maravilla). Near the corner of Chimney Rock and Fairdale Ln.

                     

                    Here are a few teaser shots that shows the location (I took these yesterday). My friend that helped me into my dress took these pictures. My photographer proofs aren't ready yet. But this gives you an idea of what you can do at this location.

                     

                    It's a spanish/tuscan theme. Great space for shoots.

                     

                    Bridal Bouquet.jpg Bridal Teaser#2.jpg

                    Bridal Teaser#3.jpg Bridal Teaser#4.jpg Bridal Teaser#5.jpg

                    Bridal Teaser#7.jpg Bridal Teaser#8.jpg Bridal Teaser#9.jpg closeup.jpg

                     


                    Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


                    #8360 ChicagoBride2011

                    ChicagoBride2011
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 277 posts

                      Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

                      Hi ladies me AGAIN! :)  I feel like I've been on here a lot this week...

                       

                      Has anyone worked with Michel Madrid as their onsite coordinator or is currently in communication with her?

                      Zulma was suppose to be our onsite coordinator, that's who we met with during our site visit and we were in communication with her at the beginning of our planning.  I found out today that it's now Michel.  I'm not sure the reasoning and didn't get a straight answer.  I'm wonder if I should fight this or if Michel is just as great as Zulma.

                       

                      Any feedback would be great!


                      Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011





                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter