Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#821 Shay2679

Shay2679
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dcheung1111
    Ok - i just saw on Meli122 is having her wedding the same day as me? Is this at the Royal? I was wondering how the garden was already booked for cocktail hour.. could this be her?!
    Most probably...I would verify with your wedding coordinator, but you two are definitely sharing a day. I think this is a first (at least that I have seen) at the Royal...maybe they don't realize it yet?

Keep us posted!

#822 athena

athena
    • 76 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

We also travelled with Air Canada, First Class. I decided last minute to put my dress in a carry on bag. It was very hard to get it to fit, but it was well worth it because it very easy to pull my carry on behind me instead of fighting with my dress on a hanger. Byron's suit went in his suitcase.

As for the dress/suit steaming: The Royal does offer this service, but we were not happy with it. Byron's suit came back untouched, and my dress was missing the dust cover and it came back with a bent up metal hanger (my dress was heavy so it just fell off this hanger). I complained but I never got my cover or hanger back. We were only charged half of the steam bill; my dress was done perfect though.
      As well the morning of the wedding i received 2 phone calls asking if the pants to the suit was ours, and if we got the right suit at all!! I can't imagine being the other bride with a mixed up suit!!!

On another note,
      We finally got our pics about 2 weeks ago, (we used the resort photographer, videographer). The photos and DVD are amazing. We are not happy with the provided wedding albums; I think we are going to order different ones through Sproullie Designs. I will try to have our photos uploaded today.

I think someone asked about the DJ - I loved the resort DJ (and of course the dance floor). Although it seems very expensive, the DJ acted as an MC, and it was really nice to have any song our guests wanted. I would have to recommend them.

And I think someone mentioned orchids- I sent 2 different pics to Micaela, wanting both but in one bouquet. And the flowers were exactly what I wanted. They were beautiful, huge and in perfect condition. I also had some bouquet gems that I wanted added and it turned out awesome. For my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 boutonieers (sp?), and 2 corsages it came to $975 US.
      Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
      http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
      http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#823 meli122

meli122
      • 269 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hi dcheung1111, yes it is me. We have reserved the garden for our reception. I can't believe we are date twins and resort twins!

#824 J G

J G
        • 37 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

Athena;

Which one was the dance floor?

Dancefloor 1

Dancefloor 2

The first one is from Doremixx and the 2nd one is from mannia.

thank you

#825 athena

athena
          • 76 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

The dancefloors look the same. The dance floor can change to both white light or multi colored with or without "x"s.

I have some pics of included at the end of our slideshow (link underneath). I did the slide show myself using the photos done by the resort photographer - funever, Caesar. i would highly recommend them. i finally got it uploaded!! Enjoy!!
            Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
            http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
            http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#826 Shay2679

Shay2679
            • 493 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Just watched the video...SOOOO much fun!

I love the garter stuff! Hilarious!

Thanks Athena!

#827 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
              • 3,347 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

Athena,

Your slideshow was great! So fun! Looks like you guys had such an amazing time!

Was the cake the standard cake or did you request it by 2 tier?
                ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#828 jaxsebridetobe

jaxsebridetobe
                • 44 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

thanks for posting your pics Athena! You looked beautiful and it looks like everyone was having a great time!!

i'm wondering if anyone has heard of anyone having a rain out on their wedding day and where you would end up getting married if it ends up raining on your day? (or is it bad to even mention this topic?)

#829 J G

J G
                  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

Hi Athena,

Thank you, your pics are great, I saw the dancefloor, your DJ was Doremixx I am pretty sure I met him and I saw his dancefloor, the one from mannia do not have all those colors and movements, because mannia have acrylic dancefloor and put lights under the acrylic I donĀ“t like because is too tall.

#830 dcheung1111

dcheung1111
                    • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

Congrats Athena - thanks for sharing your slideshow. Your wedding looked perfect!

Melia122 - I still can't believe we're sharing the same day! We'll have to chat. I actually didn't know Royal could do 2 events on the same day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter