Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5901 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,091 posts

    Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:59 PM


     

    Originally Posted by msglave 

    Thanks for the tip, Di!

     

    Ladies,I think I have a spa menu from Julie, but it's on my computer at home. I'll check to see if it's in my email. If so, I will do an edit and upload it.

     

    Jes,

    Did you ever hear from Zulma? I sent her and Patty from corporate an email about their service on Friday and have not received a response.  I have o honestly say although I'm sure it will work out in the end, I really don't appreciate the lack of responses and if I had to do it all over again I didn't think I would book here again. I'm definitely going to put all of the problems I've had in my review. If we didn't have 30 people booked already...

     

    I know I am totally with you on this one. Nope two weeks later and I had to call twice. I finally got to talk to her today but she said she still did not have pricing for me on candles because the vendor in Cancun had not gotten back to her. So I really do not know what is going on.

     

    Another really silly question. Do yous think a two hour cocktail is to long for guests?
     


    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

    #5902 msglave

    msglave
    • Member
    • 933 posts

      Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

      It really is a shame. Anyone who read the email I sent should be on top of it! SMH! Ridiculous!

       

      I think 2 hours is a long time. However, I think if you have something planned it can be ok. If I'm correct, you're doing cocktail hour at the resort then going over to Kool, right? Maybe you can do the cake cutting and a champagne toast there. Then,you can have your mariachi band play.  Maybe you could do the garter, bouquet toss or have maid of honor or best man give their toasts during that time.

       

      Oh-here's an idea-I bought tropica trophies from Oriental Trading. We're going to have an awards ceremony giving those and Vistaprint freebees (calendar, keychain, mousepads, etc.) for different categories like the first person to book, etc. I think it can work as long as you have something to help time pass.

       

      Originally Posted by jesmcan 


       

      I know I am totally with you on this one. Nope two weeks later and I had to call twice. I finally got to talk to her today but she said she still did not have pricing for me on candles because the vendor in Cancun had not gotten back to her. So I really do not know what is going on.

       

      Another really silly question. Do yous think a two hour cocktail is to long for guests?
       




      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

      #5903 jesmcan

      jesmcan
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,091 posts

        Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:54 PM


         

        Originally Posted by msglave 

        It really is a shame. Anyone who read the email I sent should be on top of it! SMH! Ridiculous!

         

        I think 2 hours is a long time. However, I think if you have something planned it can be ok. If I'm correct, you're doing cocktail hour at the resort then going over to Kool, right? Maybe you can do the cake cutting and a champagne toast there. Then,you can have your mariachi band play.  Maybe you could do the garter, bouquet toss or have maid of honor or best man give their toasts during that time.

         

        Oh-here's an idea-I bought tropica trophies from Oriental Trading. We're going to have an awards ceremony giving those and Vistaprint freebees (calendar, keychain, mousepads, etc.) for different categories like the first person to book, etc. I think it can work as long as you have something to help time pass.

         


         


        Omg I love the awards idea! that is really cute idea :)

         

        The issue is I keep going back and forth about 5pm in November being do dark what will pics look like and to do or not to do first look pics AHHHHHHHHH k I am just starting to drive my self crazy. I don't know if this just starts to happen when you get closer but its def happening to me lol.


        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

        #5904 jenniferkuhr

        jenniferkuhr
        • Jr. Member
        • 162 posts

          Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

          Jesmcan, that was SO nice of you to post the Spa prices!  Thank you!

           

          Alright, ladies...who has a concrete work out plan in place>?  Any thoughts or tips on how I can look my most fabulous for our engagement photo session during our site visit over Labor Day?    I have five weeks...

           

          My current efforts have included cutting Starbucks, weeknight drinking and full desserts (c'mon, I have to have at least a bite...), but now I need a workout plan and some possible meal ideas.  Anyone?  Anyone taking supplements that aren't completely crazy?



          #5905 jamk32179

          jamk32179
          • Jr. Member
          • 341 posts

            Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

            It's been a busy day on here! Well, I finally sent in my checklist and guest list. I cannot believe how quickly it is all coming together. How many hours in advance are you planning on having your hair done before the photographer comes? I am thinking hair first and then getting my make up done at MAC.


            September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

            #5906 jesmcan

            jesmcan
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,091 posts

              Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:08 AM


               

              Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

              Jesmcan, that was SO nice of you to post the Spa prices!  Thank you!

               

              Alright, ladies...who has a concrete work out plan in place>?  Any thoughts or tips on how I can look my most fabulous for our engagement photo session during our site visit over Labor Day?    I have five weeks...

               

              My current efforts have included cutting Starbucks, weeknight drinking and full desserts (c'mon, I have to have at least a bite...), but now I need a workout plan and some possible meal ideas.  Anyone?  Anyone taking supplements that aren't completely crazy?

              Your welcome :)

               

               

              The PX90, it is amazing. But you really need to be able to devote an hour a day to it. Both FI and I did it and I lost 30 lbs and he looks amazing. I started out with weight watchers and now I just do the things none of us want to do lol. Fruit, veggies, protein only one cup of carbs a day lol. I have to say though I feel great.

               

              Originally Posted by jamk32179 

              It's been a busy day on here! Well, I finally sent in my checklist and guest list. I cannot believe how quickly it is all coming together. How many hours in advance are you planning on having your hair done before the photographer comes? I am thinking hair first and then getting my make up done at MAC.

               

              I am having the photographer come during the last hour of getting ready. Not exactly sure how far in the process I will be by the time he arrives. I agree I would do hair first and than make up.
               


              The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

              #5907 Natalie79

              Natalie79
              • Newbie
              • 112 posts

                Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:50 AM


                 

                Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

                 

                Alright, ladies...who has a concrete work out plan in place>?  Any thoughts or tips on how I can look my most fabulous for our engagement photo session during our site visit over Labor Day?    I have five weeks...

                 

                My current efforts have included cutting Starbucks, weeknight drinking and full desserts (c'mon, I have to have at least a bite...), but now I need a workout plan and some possible meal ideas.  Anyone?  Anyone taking supplements that aren't completely crazy?


                     Quote:

                Originally Posted by jesmcan 


                 

                Your welcome :)

                 

                 

                The PX90, it is amazing. But you really need to be able to devote an hour a day to it. Both FI and I did it and I lost 30 lbs and he looks amazing. I started out with weight watchers and now I just do the things none of us want to do lol. Fruit, veggies, protein only one cup of carbs a day lol. I have to say though I feel great.

                 

                 

                 

                P90X is an awesome program!  I actually didn't have time to complete the whole thing (it's 90 days) so I started to do a program called Insanity.  Insanity is a 60 day program which is VERY cardio intensive.  I sweat my booty off every day!  I haven't lost that much weight yet, but my clothes finally fit me again!!  I also go to the gym 3 days a week during lunch to do weights. 

                 

                I also cut out drinking during the week and cut out desserts...as well as limiting my portions big time!  I splurge on the weekends, but I think i might be cutting down on that too.

                 

                Here is a link where you can buy p90X or insanity (they also have a 30 day money back guarantee)...

                http://teambeachbody...ringRepId=25031

                 



                #5908 N&J2011

                N&J2011
                • Banned
                • 33 posts

                  Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:56 AM



                  Originally Posted by jamk32179 

                  It's been a busy day on here! Well, I finally sent in my checklist and guest list. I cannot believe how quickly it is all coming together. How many hours in advance are you planning on having your hair done before the photographer comes? I am thinking hair first and then getting my make up done at MAC.



                  Hello Brides to Be!! Haven't been on the site in a few weeks.  I love the new look, but I miss seeing everybody's wedding date.  jamk32179 - I am thinking of getting my makeup done at MAC too since it's just around the corner.  Did they give you any pricing information that you can share?



                  #5909 N&J2011

                  N&J2011
                  • Banned
                  • 33 posts

                    Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:14 AM



                    Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

                    Hello Royal Ladies!!!

                     

                    It's been a while since I posted anything, but that was when I was "unofficial."  We put our deposit down today and I am getting married at the Royal on Saturday, April 2nd!!!  I am SO excited!!!  My only hope, dream and prayer is that the Capilla Nuestra Senora is free for us to have the ceremony there. It is the cutest chapel near the resort and I can just picture it all in my head.  I want a mariachi band to lead us from the ceremony to the reception.  Then a beach celebration it is!!!

                     

                    Now I'm researching photographers.  Man, are they expensive or what?!?!  I'm looking into Sasha Gluck or Cecilia Dumas.  They are in the mid-range.  If I can figure out a way to win the lottery then I might have DelSol do our wedding. I'm trying to find someone who will do a combination of photojournalism and portraits, as well as include some other things like prints, online prints you can order yourself, albums, a TTD session...not sure.

                     

                    Anyone else have their photographer booked and some convincing rationale as to why (besides the fact that its either Elizabeth Medina or DelSol, who we know now are both amazing)? 

                     



                    Congrats on setting your date jenniferkuhr! I am getting married the day before you. We're almost date twins. Love it! I actually picked Cecilia Dumas so you know she'll be in the area.  The photographers are sooo expensive!!  It took me forever to pick one.  I was in love with Elizabeth Medina and DelSol, but the prices blew me away.  I agree with Pretty Pig Pig's opinion, but I chose Cecilia because I like how she captures the love with her couples.  I am not so much concerned about the editing as I am with the emotion.  I have photoshop myself so I can always edit or airbrush as needed (hopefully anyway.)  Happy Planning!



                    #5910 jamk32179

                    jamk32179
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 341 posts

                      Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

                      Alright, ladies...who has a concrete work out plan in place>?  Any thoughts or tips on how I can look my most fabulous for our engagement photo session during our site visit over Labor Day?    I have five weeks...

                       

                      My current efforts have included cutting Starbucks, weeknight drinking and full desserts (c'mon, I have to have at least a bite...), but now I need a workout plan and some possible meal ideas.  Anyone?  Anyone taking supplements that aren't completely crazy?

                      I either do the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels or her online program. The program is about $4 per week and she provides meal plans and workout plans. All of her workouts can be done at home with weights and an exercise ball. The workouts consist of 5 circuits. I love it and it allows me to catch up on my DVR. The website is www.jillianmichaels.com

                       


                      September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter