Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5341 kenlyn8984

kenlyn8984
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by orbitingbklyn
    Kendra-
    Just wondering. I saw your DIY centerpieces. Did you bring those tall glass cylinders or were they made available to you from the Royal?
    no the cylinder vases i bought down there at wal-mart. they were about $5.50 a piece. the yellow flowers i made out of tissue paper. i was originally going to purchase lemons to put inside the vases, but once i got down there they kept directing me to the limes. i wanted yellow! so i finally found the lemons, and they are not pretty like lemons here..they are almost brown! ewww. so i had to redo what my plans for decor.. i used the yellow tissue flowers for inside (that i originally made to use as napkin rings).

#5342 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
    • 712 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Well, my dress ordeal is over and I got my dress a few hours ago. I am for sure gonna die of heat in it, but not too bad in November from what I hear.

I'm gonna have them cut a lot of the train off so it's not too ridiculous:

Angelina - by Maggie Sottero

#5343 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
      • 372 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
        Well, my dress ordeal is over and I got my dress a few hours ago. I am for sure gonna die of heat in it, but not too bad in November from what I hear.

Beautiful! Love the dress! I just tried my dress on to see if I needed a corset or slip...and let me tell you I was in central air with a fan on me and I was sweating my butt off!! I wanted my mom to take a picture and I was like come on already I want to get this off! She was like "You can not yell at your photographer like this!!" LOL

#5344 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

Quote:

wow it is absolutely beautiful! you are going to look stunning in it.
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#5345 Jenny310

Jenny310
          • 245 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

Lisa it is gorgeous!!

Attached Files

#5346 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RunningBride24
              Yeah for sure! I emailed her yesterday and haven't heard back so I'm hoping Monday! $70/page? Wowzers! How many pages?
              They gave us 2 copies (one with witnesses info) so that is 4 copies. I scanned front and back. Please let me know if you hear back from her!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kenlyn8984
              no the cylinder vases i bought down there at wal-mart. they were about $5.50 a piece. the yellow flowers i made out of tissue paper. i was originally going to purchase lemons to put inside the vases, but once i got down there they kept directing me to the limes. i wanted yellow! so i finally found the lemons, and they are not pretty like lemons here..they are almost brown! ewww. so i had to redo what my plans for decor.. i used the yellow tissue flowers for inside (that i originally made to use as napkin rings).
              Wow, so cheap and they looked great!

Quote:

So beautiful!! At least, your dress ordeal is over!

#5347 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
              • 233 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

I just wanted to post the link to our slideshow for you ladies:

Your Photo Slide

You have to hit HQ by the volume on the screen or else the pic quality is bad.

#5348 msglave

msglave
                • 933 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                  Haha, that wasn't our party! Most of our guests stayed at Gran. Hehe.
                  Quote:
                  LOL @ loud guests from Texas. I do actually feel bad for non-wedding guests at the resort. one of my favorites things to do at night is go on the beach (usually no one there) and sit in a hammock or lounge chair and listen to the waves and relax. The Royal SHOULD scale back (some resorts like Secrets will ONLY have one wedding a day), but I guess they can and will continue to triple book since we all keep signing up like wildfire ;-)
                  LOL! I thought that was the funniest thing in the world. I agree Lisa, however, it is good that the brides are enjoying themselves and having the weddings of their dreams!

Quote:
                  I got a voicemail from Angie giving the new # : 800-466-1289 and she said my new WC is Ilsa or Elsa? Anyone know anything about her?
                  Thanks for the number. I've yet to hear from my new WC.

2mckee, Stephanie & Kendra-Congrats! 2mckee, glad you got your dress situation under control!

Glad you found your dress. Beautiful. I am in Nashville now because my cousin got married. Her dress was very similar to mine and she said it was soooooo hot. Oh well!

Lady Di, what happened when DH went to clerk on Friday?
                  The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                  Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                  www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#5349 msglave

msglave
                  • 933 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bridetobe1515

Your Photo Slide

I just watched the whole show and LOVED IT! You were such a beautiful bride. I almost selected the same bridesmaid dress. In fact I bought the one with the one shoulder drape for myself to wear to the rehearsal dinner. Did you order your flowers through the resort? I don't remember seeing those colors in the catalog.
                    The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#5350 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
                    • 372 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515

Your Photo Slide

Great pictures! Beautiful!

I am using the photographer from the resort. Now I just told Ana I would be doing the Platinum package...which only includes 2 hours. We are only having semi-private reception which doesn't start until 4 hours after the ceremony so I'm not going to have the photgrapher there. Should I add an hour or is 2 enough? I'm thinking like he would come a half hour before or so while getting ready...the ceremony won't be more than a half hour...then some time after to take pictures...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter