Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4461 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosieposie
    ooOOOoOo those are some sexy shoes! after looking at yours, you've got me dreaming up my own!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by super19
    Hello - We returned from the site visit yesterday and had a blast. The Royal is fantastic and I know you will all be thrilled. Lili the WC on site was awesome. She told me they are scheduled to do over 100 weddings in May and are very busy right now but that they would make sure we all receive the wedding of our dreams.

We saw several weddings while we were there and they looked fabulous. It really put my mind at ease that that Royal was the right choice.

I have been working with TA Jennifer and she is amazing. I highly recommend using a TA from this forum. She has eliminated a huge amount of stress from dealing with my guests to dealing with the Michigan WC's. I can't say enough how helpful it is to have a TA that specializes in destination weddings and is from this forum.

Can someone post the Luxury package checklist again? I should probably get going on that.

Jen

Glad to hear it!

Question: Did you witness any overlapping of weddings (at the same time)? If so, did you notice if they had more than one reception at same time (ie the beach)?

#4462 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
    • 712 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

That reminds me...

Remember a week or two ago when we all discussed The Royal possibly having more than one wedding at once? (i think someone mentioned hearing music from another reception during another wedding)

if this is the case, what happens if it rains? They move you inside to the ballroom, but what if there are two? Are there more than one ballroom locations?

#4463 dianep

dianep
      • 532 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

there are multiple ballrooms. they keep one reserved for each wedding in case of weather.

i had to fight for my beach space, so i will be so sad if i end up in a ballroom anyway! hoping for lots of sunshine and dry weather for all of us!
        http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
        and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4464 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dianep
          there are multiple ballrooms. they keep one reserved for each wedding in case of weather.

i had to fight for my beach space, so i will be so sad if i end up in a ballroom anyway! hoping for lots of sunshine and dry weather for all of us!
          Girl, I know! This is one of my big fears!

#4465 dianep

dianep
          • 532 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

the odds of rain are low. even when it does rain in places like PDC, it's usually pretty fast and moves on quickly. i'll be absolutely fine with a little delay, but really (really!) don't want to be moved into a ballroom.

my ceremony mentions the ocean, sand, waves, etc. several times. it wouldn't be right if we were in an interior room (not to mention the cute shoes i could have found if we weren't on the sand!).

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4466 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

True, although the rain chances do go up in oct/november. I was there this past October and it rained 2.5 of the 5 days I was there.

I will just hope for some good weather and remind myself that I am marrying the man of my dreams :-).

#4467 dianep

dianep
              • 532 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                True, although the rain chances do go up in oct/november. I was there this past October and it rained 2.5 of the 5 days I was there.

I will just hope for some good weather and remind myself that I am marrying the man of my dreams :-).
                why do i keep forgetting that you're in november? ugh, i'm jealous of all the time you have to get things done (i'm a little crazy busy these days).

i've said it before and i'll say it again, rings on our fingers and sand in our toes... it's all that matters!

#4468 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

Lisa, I hope I don't jinx myself here lol but in the last 5 years that I have gone to Playa in November it has not rained once :)
                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4469 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

So far, I went to PDC 3 times, in July, I got 1 day of rain out of 7 days, it was like 3 hours from noon to 3pm. In Sept, 1 hour of showers in the afternoon for 2 days out of 7 days, and in Oct, I got 2 nights of rain out of 7 days (only at night).

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#4470 jenconrad

jenconrad
                    • 79 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dianep
                      for fabric for the huppah, i'm just going to buy whichever looks better (or whichever is less expensive!). i think any somewhat sheer fabric would look great and provide the pop of color we're looking for.

so i finally got my final payment in on friday! i e-mailed both my WC and the manager at the royal (thanks LadyDi) and told them i wanted to take care of it that day. my WC responded later that day, saying that she had already sent me the corrected invoice (it showed in her e-mail, but i've been watching my inbox like a hawk and i NEVER received it). so i don't know what happened there. she was extremely short with me, but at least i got my final payment done!

so my FSIL e-mailed my WC about a month ago to try to set up spa appointments the morning of the wedding. she never heard back from her until today, when the WC gave her the info of the mexico coordinator. my FSIL e-mailed me, all excited about a new coordinator (she knows my frustrations with the michigan WCs). ha, i hadn't even heard that i'd been assigned a coordinator in mexico yet! what!? haha

has anyone had any experience with Denys Maga┬▒a? this is my assigned onsite coordinator. i'm hoping for good things!
                      She is awesome! Just got back and will post my review soon :)
                      38 Guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter