Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
juanslake

Any suggestions good (cheap) stuff to put in the welcome bag?

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaS View Post
AA couple of my guests brought their own travel mugs, and EVERYONE wished they had one. This is something I definately would do if I could do it over. Especiallly if you are staying at an AI.
Ok. Maybe this is silly...but what did eveyone use the travel mugs for? Did they carry them around the resort and just have them refilled with their drink of choice? Do all AI do this...when I did my site visit I found the tiny plastic cups to be a little annoying...so I guess it would make sense! I just had never heard of this. I always thought the travel mugs were more to take home and use for coffee etc.

I planned on doing wine or shot glasses but I am hesitant because everyone will have to pack them to get them home...maybe travel mugs are better? If anyone else has any insight or experience with this let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of the oot-tote bags. However, how are you getting all of these things to Mexico? Are you packing a separate suitcase for all the goodies for the oot bags, along with the oot bags. I too wondered what you used the travel mugs for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixygrl View Post
Ok. Maybe this is silly...but what did eveyone use the travel mugs for? Did they carry them around the resort and just have them refilled with their drink of choice? Do all AI do this...when I did my site visit I found the tiny plastic cups to be a little annoying...so I guess it would make sense! I just had never heard of this. I always thought the travel mugs were more to take home and use for coffee etc.

I planned on doing wine or shot glasses but I am hesitant because everyone will have to pack them to get them home...maybe travel mugs are better? If anyone else has any insight or experience with this let me know!
Thanks for asking! I was wondering the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixygrl View Post
Ok. Maybe this is silly...but what did eveyone use the travel mugs for? Did they carry them around the resort and just have them refilled with their drink of choice? Do all AI do this...when I did my site visit I found the tiny plastic cups to be a little annoying...so I guess it would make sense! I just had never heard of this. I always thought the travel mugs were more to take home and use for coffee etc.

I planned on doing wine or shot glasses but I am hesitant because everyone will have to pack them to get them home...maybe travel mugs are better? If anyone else has any insight or experience with this let me know!
A lot of resorts give guests small cups when they order drinks. So the mugs are for your guests to use while they're there for their drinks. (At least, that's what I'm using them for).

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&P08 View Post
I love the idea of the oot-tote bags. However, how are you getting all of these things to Mexico? Are you packing a separate suitcase for all the goodies for the oot bags, along with the oot bags. I too wondered what you used the travel mugs for.
I'm packing a separate suitcase (or two!) with all of my OOT bag stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just echo Lizz. We are using our travel mugs to hold more liquid than the tiny plastic cups you get at the resort. On top of that, it will keep the drinks cold as opposed to hot within 2 minutes! And it also will cut down the amount of waste that we use. Not to mention, it's fun when the bartenders all know you're there for a wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I went to my local Dollar Tree store and I found these cute little items, for a $1.00 of course! I might throw them in my oot bags.

Bath Fizz

Click the image to open in full size.

and Magic towel's that become hand towels when u put them in warm water. The Fish, Mermaid, and Starfish are the ones that fit my theme, so I used the Heart for my test run.

Click the image to open in full size.

Just a thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for everyone who have candles in their OOT bags. Will you also provide matches or a lighter? Or is it safe to assume that their rooms will have matches? I like the idea of the candles...but don't want to pack flammables, and am unsure whether the rooms will have matches or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kater View Post
I have a question for everyone who have candles in their OOT bags. Will you also provide matches or a lighter? Or is it safe to assume that their rooms will have matches? I like the idea of the candles...but don't want to pack flammables, and am unsure whether the rooms will have matches or not.
I ordered personalized matches for our candles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×