becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

Just a thought, but doesn't perfume attract mosquitoes? I was actually planning on leaving mine at home because of that fact (plus, mosquitoes LOVE me to begin with).

That being said... don't laugh... Off! insect repellent comes in a pretty nice "tropical fresh" scent (part of their FamilyCare/Skintastic line). Its melony/tropical. I wouldn't call it "perfume"... but it's really not bad. And, frankly, anything I can do to avoid a bite...

But, for light and fresh I highly recommend Bulgari's Tea collection (white is my fave), and the Issy Miyake is nice for the boys.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Also try Hanae Mori Butterflys... its my everyday scent and I love it! Light and yet noticeable - has a lot of vanilla undertones too. My FI loves it, but I'm planning on wearing something different for the wedding - Lancome 2000 et une Roses. Its a discontinues scent that I used to love, and I managed to snag a bottle on Ebay! So psyched! Its very different from my norm, so I think FI will remember it.

#13 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

I love the ide of something different, there are lots of threads that discuss this previously - do a search for signature scent. I still haven't found mine though....

#14 march1508

march1508
      • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

i love fantasy also by britney spears.. have you tried the blue one.. i think its called midnight fantasy.. omggggggggggggg..it smells so good..very similar to fantasy but its in a blue bottle instead of pink..

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hopels
          Also try Hanae Mori Butterflys... its my everyday scent and I love it! Light and yet noticeable - has a lot of vanilla undertones too.
          Ooh I need to smell that, the original Hanae Mori is one of my favorite perfumes ever!

#16 pouchie

pouchie
          • 189 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

I am a huge fan of Victoria Secret Halo.

#17 chicago88

chicago88
            • 699 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heidi
              I LOVE Ralph Lauren Romance
              Ooh, me too! I wear it everyday!!

Therese & Jay
              Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
              http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#18 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by yari2566
                I like that rationale...hmmm perhaps you changed my opinion.
                Yup, I think you've changed my thinking on this too. I'd never even considered a new scent. FSIL got me Valentino Rock n Rose & FI Prada for xmas. We haven't opened them yet & I'm thinking we'll save those for the wedding. Thanks for the idea!

Other than that my everyday scents are Eternity Moment or DKNY Be Delicious. Since you all suggest it, I think I'm gonna check out Light Blue!

#19 KtownBride

KtownBride
                • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

I love this idea. I never eally gave it much thought, but another thing on the "to do" list now, is buy new scents!!! Thanks for the great idea and suggestions!

#20 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild
                    I'm against the grain on this one (surprise..lol). The perfumes I always wear remind me of old times, old people, sitting at work, etc. I guess we wanted something that only reminded us of us and that day. We both got a new scent for the wedding, and didn't wear it/smell it on eachother until we met at the alter.

Now, every time he wears it I am instantly transported back to that moment. It's like a little gift every time he puts it on...haha They say scents evoke the strongest memories....

Mine was Vera Wang, the orginal wedding scent (she has like 4 I think).

Hubby wore L'Homme by Yves St. Laurant. Both very light and happy scents.

Good luck!
                    I never thought of it that way...I might have to on a wedding day perfume hunt now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users