Photo

RIU Wedding Perfume??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Help!!!! I'm trying to find a clean, light, fresh fragrance for Jamaica. I don't want anything to strong, because it is very humid there. Any suggestions? what are you ladies wearing?

#2 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hmm..I didn't use anything different. I remembered my sister went on like a 2 week hunt for perfume. She finally found one and spent a buttload of money. She got home and had her husband smell it and he said he wanted her to smell like she always did and what he loved. I asked my FI and he said the same. So I ended up going with what I always wear and that is Moonlit path by bath and body works. But you could always go into sephora or a department store and try some out and see what you like.

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CaliaA07
        Hmm..I didn't use anything different. I remembered my sister went on like a 2 week hunt for perfume. She finally found one and spent a buttload of money. She got home and had her husband smell it and he said he wanted her to smell like she always did and what he loved. I asked my FI and he said the same. So I ended up going with what I always wear and that is Moonlit path by bath and body works. But you could always go into sephora or a department store and try some out and see what you like.
        I agree with this...wear your normal everyday scent.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

I'm against the grain on this one (surprise..lol). The perfumes I always wear remind me of old times, old people, sitting at work, etc. I guess we wanted something that only reminded us of us and that day. We both got a new scent for the wedding, and didn't wear it/smell it on eachother until we met at the alter.

Now, every time he wears it I am instantly transported back to that moment. It's like a little gift every time he puts it on...haha They say scents evoke the strongest memories....

Mine was Vera Wang, the orginal wedding scent (she has like 4 I think).

Hubby wore L'Homme by Yves St. Laurant. Both very light and happy scents.

Good luck!

#5 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            I'm against the grain on this one (surprise..lol). The perfumes I always wear remind me of old times, old people, sitting at work, etc. I guess we wanted something that only reminded us of us and that day. We both got a new scent for the wedding, and didn't wear it/smell it on eachother until we met at the alter.

Now, every time he wears it I am instantly transported back to that moment. It's like a little gift every time he puts it on...haha They say scents evoke the strongest memories....

Good luck!
            I completly agree with you starchild! Certain smells always bring back memories and I want to have a signature fragrance for this special day. Everytime I (he) smells it, I want that smell to take us right back to our wedding day.

Also, another thing that is making this so hard for me is that I wear different scents almost everyday. It just depends on the kind of mood that I'm in. I'm a nut......I go CRAZY at the Victoria Secret and Bed & Bath Semi Annual sales and pretty much own every different type of lotion that they carry in the store.

So far, I like D&G Light Blue and whatdouknow.....Britney Spears Fantasy. I'm gonna keep looking & smelling around.

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:05 PM

I LOVE Ralph Lauren Romance
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

Oh I love Light Blue! My mom started wearing it not too long before the wedding, so I didn't want to smell like her...lol Otherwise it would have been a contender for sure!

I've never smelled Bright Crystal or Romance but I'll check them out!

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

I'm also a believer in the scent association. I normally wear Chanel Mademoiselle. For the wedding I got Jo Malone While Jasmine and Mint. Now, when I want to go back to the vaca and the wedding - I just wear that!

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild

Good luck!
                    I like that rationale...hmmm perhaps you changed my opinion.

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:38 AM

Yari you have plenty of time to explore scents and see if something catches your fancy. I went back and forth on the Vera Wang but settled on it because it just smelled right to me. I did pay $75 but I think that was fair for the set (spray bottle, mini purse bottle, shower gel, and lotion).

I opened the box for the first time when I showered before the wedding. The shower gel, lotion, and perfume is stuck in my head forever. Putting it on just makes me feel better, you know?

If possible, getting a mini-bottle of your scent is cool. A BM kept it on her and refreshed my fragrance like every 30 minutes (helpful in the humidity).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users