Photo

RIU Palace Cabo San Lucas

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 abbygirl

abbygirl
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hello Everyone!! I am new on here :) What a great site!!

I was wondering if any has got married in Cabo San Lucas at the RIU Palace? If so, I would like some feedback...good or bad, maybe both? I am really wondering what the "hotel" photographer is like. Does anyone have any pictures?

I see there are quite a few brides getting married or have been married at Dreams Resort in Cabo.

We haven't picked our resort yet but are really leaning towards the RIU. I have been to one before (in Punta Cana) and it was amazing.

Any ideas would be helpful!!!

Thank-you!

#2 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
    • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

to the forum!
      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#3 kiki

kiki
      • Banned
      • 170 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

Welcome!

I came on this forum wanting to get married at the riu los cabos ( ive been to many riu's in the past but never the cabo riu) From reading many reviews on here I decided against the riu. I don't think it's the best resort for weddings. The photog on site is not that great but there are MANY great photographers in cabo that you can hire BUT It's very hard with RIU to get outside vendors in without paying EXTRA. The resort makes it very difficult for brides. I don't think it's fair!!!! DREAMS ( where im getting married in 2009) seems to be a better wedding resort. The reviews are much better and overall a better resort ( I think). Look under reviews and you will find alot of info!!!

GOODLUCK!!!

#4 abbygirl

abbygirl
        • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Thank you for the information!! and the welcomings!!!

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum :)

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

one of our brides just got married there and had a horrible experience.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

to the forum! You will find tons of info and ideas here. Happy planning!!!

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:47 AM

welcome to the forum

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hi and welcome! BTW, Abby/Abbie's ROCK!!

#10 abbygirl

abbygirl
                • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Can you please expand with the horrible experience? I am interested to know the bad things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users