Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#861 SarahL

SarahL
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kati
    it's been awhile for me.. been so busy. But do/did you guys plan on having all your guests staying at the same hotel. Or is everyone just saying where ever they want to stay? I am having a hard time organizing the travel aspect!!
    Hi there -

We stayed at the Marriott, in the Marina Vallarta area... which was WONDERFUL except for the gong show of planning our welcome party (it turned out fine but I was super stressed about it). We put a few other area hotels on our website as well... the Melia, Velas Vallarta, and Westin. Most people stayed at the Marriott or the Melia, depending whether they wanted all-inclusive or not. (I prefer NOT... PV has AMAZING restaurants and all-inclusive makes me feel "trapped.") One couple stayed at the Westin, and then we had a few people at about 10 other hotels in the area... but it was still super fun. I know that a lot of people wouldn't have been able to afford the trip if we'd given only one hotel option... lots of our guests were at far less expensive boutique hotels.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
    :) Sarah
    Roberto and Sarah
    February 22, 2008

#862 SarahL

SarahL
    • 45 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      hey, does LC number your tables? Or do you have to bring your own table numbers?
      Hi there!

Nicole asked us to make our own table arrangements. We didn't want to number them, because we thought it implied a sort of "hierarchy" (people at table 1 are more important than people at table 12)

Anyway, we named our tables after drinks... our table was the champagne table, and then the others were Mexican drinks (sangria, margarita, cafe de olla, tepache, paloma, vampiro, limonada, agua de jamaica, horchata, michelada, chocolate caliente). It was fun. I'll try to attach the actual table cards, which I had printed and laminated.

Good luck to you!

Attachment 2228

Attached Files

Roberto and Sarah
      February 22, 2008

#863 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
      • 178 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SarahL
        ...we named our tables after drinks... our table was the champagne table, and then the others were Mexican drinks (sangria, margarita, cafe de olla, tepache, paloma, vampiro, limonada, agua de jamaica, horchata, michelada, chocolate caliente). It was fun. I'll try to attach the actual table cards, which I had printed and laminated.

Good luck to you!

Attachment 2228
        I love this idea of naming your tables after drinks. Another suggestion is to name the tables after the areas of/near PV: Mismaloya, Playa Conchas Chinas, Nuevo Vallarta, Playa Los Muertos, Bucerias, etc.

#864 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
        • 176 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

Hi Mel,

We did indeed use the cigar roller. 50 cigars and they were all taken. It was surprising to see many women partake. They so enjoyed it and I would absolutely suggest it. It gave the wedding another fun aspect to it. The cigar roller did also bring some other cigars for the guests to smoke if they wanted more at a charge of course. But 50 was great for our 77 guests. Happy planning we had so much fun.
          Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#865 hsrose14

hsrose14
          • 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hi All!
            I was the last wedding at LC of the season (July 3rd). Just got back into the US on Sunday, was checked into the ER Monday through Wednesday, and started my new job today. To say the least - I'm a little behind on life. However, I know you ladies love your photos and were all nice enough to let me see yours :) So while I don't have time to write a good, long review yet - instructions to get to the pro photos are below and while you will see my shining review of this photographer from Atlanta later - the photos should speak for themselves for the moment! ENJOY!

-Go to lauren wright wedding photography { atlanta, ga } home
            -Click: Client Galleries
            -Click: William & Hilary
            -Next, it will ask you for your email address. This is only so it can email you when the photos are about to expire. You can avoid this reminder if you want by using my email address: hschoon@clemson.edu
            -Then everything is separated into 5 categories: pre-ceremony, ceremony, bride and groom, portraits, and reception - so make sure you don't miss anything.
            -Also, back in Client Galleries - my bridal photos (pre-wedding in Atlanta Botanical Gardens) are available if you want to see more of Lauren's awesome work, my dress, whatever. That requires an email address (again you are welcome to use mine) and a password (so William couldn't see my dress before the wedding) which is hschoon.

That should be it. Enjoy!

#866 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

Great pictures Hilary! I never get tired of seeing LC weddings. Thanks a lot for sharing, you were beautiful and it looked like a great time :)

BTW why were you in the ER? Everything okay?

#867 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

your pics are beautiful! Congrats!

why were you in the ER?! hope you are well now!

#868 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Beautiful wedding. I adore the sky in the pics during your dinner. How beautiful.

And umm....is there a guest in their underwear during dinner? LOL

I hope everything is OK. I'm sad to hear you had to go to the ER after your trip. How terrible. I thought it was bad that I was sick with a bad cold the entire time.
                  Happily married since 2008

#869 Pazoop

Pazoop
                  • 223 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing!! Hope everything turned out alright after your ER trip!!

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
                    Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#870 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                    • 413 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

Beautiful pictures!!! Congratulations!

I noticed it too - someone in a swimsuit with a snorkel - you'll have to share the story - looks like it would be entertaining!!!!

Hope all is ok after your trip to the ER!

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users