Personal Wedding Website

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

We used Wedshare.com for our website. We're still putting in some of the groom contributions, but I've really liked it so far--- I liked the fact that I can upload files to specific pages easily and even allow guests to upload files to the site if they wanted to. (Altho, I haven't let FI's family know or else they'll upload their whole family album to our site!) I also liked the unlimited amount of photos we can store there. And I've uploaded one document that is 1.0M, so there don't seem to be much of a file size restriction.

We used some of their page templates, but also added a handful of custom pages; one for a wedding journal and I'm working on adding more stuff to the DIY Bride section too, but I put a password on that so our guests can't find out what I'm doing and what I have in store for them! :) I've had a lot of fun getting this going----

Here's ours: Frank and Maria - Our Wedding Journey

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
Here is our site. With the exchange it was pretty good, and by paying $$ you don't get the ads like you do on some of the free wedsites, I didn't like that at all. (Here you are trying to book your friends in for a group rate, and there's ads for CHEAP PUNTA CANA HOTELS!!) lol

Anyway, here's our site: our site!
How did you get the daily weather on the site? I can't seem to figure that one out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08 View Post
How did you get the daily weather on the site? I can't seem to figure that one out!

It's one of the options you can add. You add the weather.com feed, then pick your city that you want to report. I know nothing about code, but I'm sure there's a way to go to the actual website (weather.com) and add it on to your site.

• 2 weeks later...