OMG ... i want to cry

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tlomlad

tlomlad
  • Banned
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:19 PM

sooo ... just recieved the confirmation e-mail that let me know that dreams, cancun isnt available for friday 8/8/08 or any other weekend in all of august! grrr....

i feel like their system must be flawed in some way becuase i put my request in over 3 weeks ago! and i must admit that i knew it would be a stretch but it allowed me to fill out a request form, where as RIU wont let you unless the date/time and place of ceremony is avaiable.

im just so angry right now, just spent the last half hour on the phone with the FI and now all we have planned is out the window. However, i must say Daniella was nice enough to let us know which days were avaiable and we are thinking either MONDAY the 18th ... or ... SUNDAY the 24th... which date would you pick as a bride? which day would you be more hesitant to attend as a guest?

** and for those brides out there that did get married during the week? what was your outcome?

thanks for all your input girls ... its greatly appriciated

#2 shannon

shannon
    • 772 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

Awww- I'm sorry!! - but I believe things happen for a reason- who knows- maybe it'll be pouring on your initial date so you were suppose to have it on a new date! :) -- I think I'd prefer a Sunday-- I have no idea why-- maybe bc Mondays are so awful for work....

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

What about another resort?

#4 Sharonie

Sharonie
        • 557 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:40 PM

So sorry to hear this. Are you set on Dreams Cancun? If I were a guest, I probably will prefer the Sunday date because it is still part of the weekend and will require less number of days off from work. Good luck, you still have a lot of time to plan and it might even turn out better the second time around..

#5 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
          • 794 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

If I were a guest I would rather Sunday. Some people may have to go back home on Monday to get back to work. It will be fine, everyday on vacation is great so it doesn't matter if it's a Saturday or a Sunday.
            HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
            http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#6 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
            • 794 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tlomlad
              sooo ... just recieved the confirmation e-mail that let me know that dreams, cancun isnt available for friday 8/8/08 or any other weekend in all of august! grrr....

i feel like their system must be flawed in some way becuase i put my request in over 3 weeks ago! and i must admit that i knew it would be a stretch but it allowed me to fill out a request form, where as RIU wont let you unless the date/time and place of ceremony is avaiable.

im just so angry right now, just spent the last half hour on the phone with the FI and now all we have planned is out the window. However, i must say Daniella was nice enough to let us know which days were avaiable and we are thinking either MONDAY the 18th ... or ... SUNDAY the 24th... which date would you pick as a bride? which day would you be more hesitant to attend as a guest?

** and for those brides out there that did get married during the week? what was your outcome?

thanks for all your input girls ... its greatly appriciated
              If you don't mind can I have Daniella's email address? I'm still trying to pick my resort. I'm not getting married in August so no worries of me taking your date

HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
              http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#7 JABride

JABride
              • 145 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

I am so sorry to hear that ... like the other ladies, I would definitely prefer Sunday (as a bride and as a guest). It is less days off to take for those that do not have a lot of flexibility at work ... Good luck ...

#8 Lizzy

Lizzy
                • 501 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

Dreams Tulum is beautiful too. Have you checked that out yet?
                  For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:29 PM

sunday...also, unlike traditional weddings, DW's can be on any day of the week..

think about it, your guests fly in friday, hang out and sunday you get married and they can fly out monday or tuesday.

perfect!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 Luba&Mike2008

Luba&Mike2008
                  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. My wedding is set for a Wednesday. When talking to people, they dont seem to care that its not on a Saturday. But if I had to choose, I'd go with Sunday...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users