Photo

how long did you book your photographer for?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#81 finzup

finzup
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

i am also struggling with this.. however I don't have a good timeline nailed down from the resort yet. i know that we are having a 3:00pm wedding but honestly I have NO idea how long it will take "getting ready" and I don't know the time between the wedding, cocktail hour, and reception. I guess I really need to nail it all down, but I was thinking 8 hours anyway.. I would hope 8 hours would be enough :)

-Katie
    Have you met Alice?
    http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#82 martin

martin
    • 343 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Hello Michelle how are you thsi may can help if you take like 1 1/2hour i think is a good idea and let me tell you how you can take a ggod advantage of this maybe1/2 for the getting ready for the groom and the bride, 1/2 hour for the ceremony and the other half hour for friends and couple session, this maybe can help.

#83 rpingree001

rpingree001
      • 264 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Lots of great suggestions on here. I'm hoping that more hours will be in the budget - while this is an area to splurge - its still incredibly expensive for a great photographer.

#84 Mrs.CAT

Mrs.CAT
        • Banned
        • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

A lot of people have flew their own photographers out to their destination. I wish I would have. They're more personal that way and you can have more of their time, not just 3hrs or 5hrs. Yes, it maybe a little more expensive, but it would be worth it.

Here's a quality photographer: brendamurphyphotography.com

She's in my area and I have reffered her to several people. Rates are reasonable too.

If not her, find a local photographer to go with you. You'll get more than just the "standard" photos.

#85 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

6-8 hours seems ideal (if you're not travelling and there isn't a ton of lag between your wedding and the reception.  I know one photographer I looked at had hour packages, but you could split it up if you wanted and book for 8, but use 2 for TTD. Something like that  gives you a little more leeway.

Also

150th post! Yay!

#86 helen9

helen9
            • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

Haven't confirmed yet but i think we're having ours for 4 hours. One hr before the ceremony, one hr for the ceremony, one hour for shoots and the last hour for reception. Not sure if that's enough but guests wil have their camera too

#87 helen9

helen9
              • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

booking mine for 4 hours. hopefully it will be enough

#88 helen9

helen9
                • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

sorry just realised i double posted, my bad

#89 aholen

aholen
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 101 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

Our wedding is at 2:00 in June in Mexico, so we are worried that it will be too hot and the wrong time of day to get good photos before or after the wedding. We don't care a ton for reception photos, so are debating between booking 8 hours on the wedding day just to be able to get good portraits done before sunset, or getting 3 hours on the wedding day to cover getting ready and the ceremony, then getting a TTD session to cover our portraits. We just can't decide! Any suggestions?

#90 june11bride

june11bride
                    • 304 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

I'm lucky because we decided for various reasons to bring a photographer from Canada with us and they offered to give us their best package for just the cost of their trip (and there are two of them!). This includes both of them being with us from getting ready until very late!! I can't imagine missing out on certain parts of the day, so this works really well for us.

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users