How to decide where to get married?

Alipires1

I feel like this is the biggest decision. How do you decide where to get married? My MIL refuses to go if it is more than a 4hr flight. She also refuses if we have to take a connecting flight. I live in South Jersey, so I am limited to Bermuda, Bahama (come on pretty mama..jk), DR, or Western Mexico/Riviera Maya. I want an all-inclusive and his sister wants to bring her kids. Any suggestions? woot2.gifwoot.gifwoot2.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll look there. I looked at the Dreams in Punta Cana, but there are so many different reviews. I am jealous of you. I wanted to do Eastern Mexico because I have really curl hair and they say there is less humidity there. So I will probably end up looking like Monica from "Friends" on that vacation episode! Oh well!

Sounds like you have enough locations to pick from that you can find a great place. DR & mexico are going to be less expensive than your other choices. There is tons of information about those places on this forum. It feels overwhelming at first, but after a few weeks on the forum it becomes much easier to pick a place. Atleast that was my experience. The first month of wedding planning was a little crazy.

well, my initial response is that this isn't about your MIL ... it's about you and your FI. but because you're new, I'll go easy and spare you my thoughts about how I really can't stand people that impose their wants on the bride and groom and how I think those kind of people are just selfish and think the world revolves around them. :)

so since I am not doing that (heehee), i've got to think there's a location that meets all MIL's requirements (blech). the girls on here are so helpful - i'm sure we can find something!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • i'm also planning my wedding there.  techzpod mobdro
    • I agree that you should have your ceremony at the time that you and your FI want and I think it's great that you are taking the comfort level of your guests into consideration pertaining to the heat.  customer survey
    • Had anyone traveled with their wedding dress on JetBlue? If so can you tell me how you did it? I leave 9/23 and I’m still lost on what I’m doing. I bought a vacuum seal bag but I’m iffy about using that. TIA
    • Hello, has anyone recently gotten married at Le kliff? so far our planning experience hasn’t been the best, does anyone have any recent experience with getting married there? 
    • Hi I’m about to book my wedding and wonder if anyone has recently got married at RUI Ocho Rios? Would anyone has the prices for extras please? We are going to book the top package but we need to add extra people as we have 50 guests. we also want to have an after party after the reception - any ideas on the timings for it or prices please? We have emailed the hotel but can’t seem to get any answers until we pay deposit. Which we have just done at Bahia Principe to find out after they won’t allow us to have a reception past 9:30pm even though they said we could at a cost of $300 usd per half hour prior to booking and paying our deposit. We where prepared to pay this even thought it is very expensive plus DJ and bar costs.    we are nervous to book and pay another deposit now incase we are in the situation. We are already paying hundreds of pounds to amend our guests bookings too.    any advice is greatly appreciated please.   thanks  Sam sjpulfer18@hotmail.co.uk