513 replies to this topic

#161 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

I've been a bridesmaid at a wedding and then they sat us with the rest of the guests. I'm pretty drama free, but I didn't feel less honoured for that. On the contrary, I had fun because we sat with our friends :). The only thing was that the sweetheart table was kind of far away from the tables with guests so that's where I got the lonely feeling from. I don't know, I could be wrong :P. I want to have mine a bit closer to the rest of the tables and since there's not many of them I think it's doable. 

@perianjay We're expecting around 40-47 guests and 4 kids. I have two MOH and my man of honour, my brother haha. Juan has one of his sisters on his side for sure and the other two people are not sure if they're coming or not (his other sister and his friend), so we might only have a bridal party of 4 people. 

@veryvalentine those pictures are along the lines of what I had in mind for our table, I like the third picture in terms of the decor but I couldn't help but to think, how in the world do two people eat on that tiny table (half of which is overtaken by decor) hahah. I do love the chaise though :), too bad they're too expensive for us to rent one at our hotel. 

I also thought about having our siblings at our table, they don't have dates so it might be an option but then would the rest of the bridal party feel left out? I agree with you though in your case, if your cousins will be coming from Spain they probably want to spend some time with them :)

Decisions, decisions... 

event.png

#162 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

I just had my wedding and had a sweetheart table which I really recommend. It was so cutely decorated and near the other tables. We didn't do a first look so I enjoyed the quiet moment with my new husband. Then between courses we got up and moved around talking to each table.?We had 4 other tables with 8-10 people which I thougt was perfect. That way our entire immediate family/bridal party could sit at one table. in my opinion I always felt bad for bridal parties that had to sit at one table and their dates at another

#163 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

I just had my wedding and had a sweetheart table which I really recommend. It was so cutely decorated and near the other tables. We didn't do a first look so I enjoyed the quiet moment with my new husband. Then between courses we got up and moved around talking to each table.?We had 4 other tables with 8-10 people which I thougt was perfect. That way our entire immediate family/bridal party could sit at one table. in my opinion I always felt bad for bridal parties that had to sit at one table and their dates at another

thank you for the input! The more I think about it, maybe it's nice to have a moment to yourselves. The day goes by so fast and you're so focused on guests and things running smoothly that it's nice to have a moment to slow down and appreciate each other. I don't think we're going to do a first look either. 

I agree, while my wedding party didn't have dates it wasn't a big deal but now that some of them do, I feel bad separating them during dinner. 

event.png

#164 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Thank You @calgarybride2015

I found them on my lunch break! So helpful. $1.25 for 6. It worked out to be very economical too!
attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (1).jpg

Omg that so sweet. I had a crappy day and that made me smile so thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been worrying lately if I made enough rounds :( I know my husband did but the day is such a blur I can't remember if I talked to everyone. I know I thanked everyone with a hug at the ceremony but can't recall talking to each and everyone at the reception. I know it's a 2 way street as they know we are busy and being pulled but I've felt guilty lately.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#165 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

@calgarybride2015 I've been feeling guilty too, but more about the whole week and not spending enough time with people... For example I think I talked to DHs moms friend like twice the whole week lol

#166 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

@calgarybride2015 I've been feeling guilty too, but more about the whole week and not spending enough time with people... For example I think I talked to DHs moms friend like twice the whole week lol

It's tough for sure. I have some regrets about it too but overall I think you do the best you can do!!!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#167 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Flower Crown

Supplies from Michael's using my 40% off coupon...a few times.  he he

I used 3 different stems of flowers.  Medium sized flower filler, a larger statement flower with smaller filler

I used garden wire from dollarama and 18 gage wire to wrap the flowers around the crown with some florist tape as well and ribbon to secure the back.  I watched a lot of tutorial videos online as well.  I sort of applied different methods into my own.

I really like it!  It's my first one, I may make some for my BMs, not sure yet.

Attached File  FullSizeRender (6).jpg   280.96KB   7 downloads

Attached File  FullSizeRender (5).jpg   284.84KB   7 downloads

@perianjay  I finally made it! 

Edited by veryvalentine, 31 March 2015 - 08:15 PM.

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#168 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

It's tough for sure. I have some regrets about it too but overall I think you do the best you can do!!!

I was just talking to a friend over the weekend about this and telling him that I'm already stressing out about spending time with everyone. He said that when he traveled back home to Guatemala he had this long list of people he wanted to see. He said for some he only had about 15 minutes, but he made sure to have a one on one with them and they were super appreciative of it, not matter how long it was. That made me think that maybe we're too hard on ourselves and literally expect the impossible (which is to spend a lot of time with each guest) but people will be happy to get your full attention even if it's for a short period of time. Everyone I've talked to says the same thing, they know it's a very busy week for you and you're trying your best :)

@veryvalentine that turned out really well! Good job :) 

event.png

#169 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:07 AM

I was just talking to a friend over the weekend about this and telling him that I'm already stressing out about spending time with everyone. He said that when he traveled back home to Guatemala he had this long list of people he wanted to see. He said for some he only had about 15 minutes, but he made sure to have a one on one with them and they were super appreciative of it, not matter how long it was. That made me think that maybe we're too hard on ourselves and literally expect the impossible (which is to spend a lot of time with each guest) but people will be happy to get your full attention even if it's for a short period of time. Everyone I've talked to says the same thing, they know it's a very busy week for you and you're trying your best :)

@veryvalentine that turned out really well! Good job :)

I am not getting married until November and I am stressing about this as well. I have been trying to talk to some friends and family about how I am going to try my best but I am fearful that there wont be enough of me to go around throughout the week. I am also trying to stress to them that this is their vacation and I encourage them to treat it as such. Do excursions and go on adventures. I just hope I manage to have a moment with everyone. 

#170 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:45 AM

OMG! I made mine too!! hahaha. I will have to post it up here to display. I made it over the weekend and I also went to michaels and used 40% off. I am still debating whether I want to add more greens to mine.

Ps. Yours looks amazing!!

Edited by perianjay, 01 April 2015 - 04:53 AM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users