• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 natmorales

natmorales
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 26, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Lindo

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hi all, just need a little help. I am recently engaged and we are looking at a destination wedding. We would like the Riviera Maya area. It's going to be a large wedding. Any help on resorts for large weddings and is affordable for guests? Thank you ♥

#2 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

Just keep in mind that if you're having a large wedding - you don't necessarily need a large resort. It might be nice to have a large group at a small resort. Also, many resorts have multiple wedding locations, and can accommodate both small and very large groups. I'm sure you'll get plenty of great ideas here. Also, start emailing resorts for some ideas, and to feel out their wedding department. Good luck!

Edited by LauraM, 21 January 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#3 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
  • Site Supporter
  • 371 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
  • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

I agree - I picked a large resort and regretted it. We still had a good time but it was too big.

#4 tracyannhoward

tracyannhoward
  • 53 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

I would say you can likely find option that are affordable for your guests as long as you aren't set on a date during high seasons (ie march).  how many guests are you thinking?  most resorts charge additional costs for more than 20 or 25 guests that can add up quickly - you may want to consider your costs as well.  

#5 Brod63

Brod63
  • 13 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

Just booked Dreams Riviera Cancun! :D

#6 natmorales

natmorales
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 26, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Lindo

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

I think I may have around 40-50 guests. Thank you all for the information, this website is very helpful! :)

#7 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

get a good travel agent! they can help you choose the perfect resort for you. If you're in the US, check out Wright Travel. they are fantastic - they know the resorts, the wedding details, the areas and will help you get all of those guests booked. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#8 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

@natmorales - welcome to the forum! have you looked at the resort reviews? that helped me a lot...and messaging brides on this forum :)

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#9 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Hi all, just need a little help. I am recently engaged and we are looking at a destination wedding. We would like the Riviera Maya area. It's going to be a large wedding. Any help on resorts for large weddings and is affordable for guests? Thank you ♥

Hey Natmorales,

Congrats and welcome to the forum, 50 guests is actually an average number , bringing a travel agent is one key factor that will help you narrow down your choice.  have you looked at hacienda Tres Rios, i know for sure they cover all your guests for the reception .

feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help.

Happy planning

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#10 natalia555

natalia555
    • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Welcome! I am also new to the DW world and after doing some research, I think we have narrowed it down to either the Gran Bahia Principe Coba or the IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo 

There is tons of the info on the Gran Bahia Principe Coba here: 

http://www.bestdesti...a-maya-thread/ 

I would recommend doing research on Trip Advisor and seeing what you like and then going to a travel agent to get quotes and recommendations from them based on your wants and travel group size etc! 

We found the Gran Bahia Principe Coba to be very reasonable compared to some other quotes we got for Edmonton departures

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users