Photo

First Look...are You Doing A First Look?

first look photos trend Ceremony bridal party getting ready

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Im so undecided on this! I want the special time together so I dont cry and have ugly face coming down the aisle ... but i want the "special moment" when he sees me coming down the aisle.... so torn!!

I feel the same exact way! I cry so easily I'm afraid I'll start bawling during the ceremony! Lol. And I also don't want to miss the entire cocktail hour for pictures! Especially since we're paying extra for it and also I hate when the bride and groom are never at their cocktail hours! I don't wanna miss our whole wedding to take pics!

Maybe we will take some pictures before but in a way where we can't see each other? I've seen pics like that and they're so cute!

#22 danielleandryan2015

danielleandryan2015
  • 100 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
  • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

I had never really thought of doing this but reading through these posts makes me consider it! Everyone has such good points about not really being able to enjoy that moment when you're in the midst of the ceremony. Definitely something I will think about now!

#23 cankem80

cankem80
  • 185 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSt. Louis, Mo

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

I thought about it so I could get my pics out the way but I really want my kids and family to see his face when I see his face for the first time. I think that is one of the sweetest moments of the entire wedding, the look in his eye when he sees you all dolled up. Priceless and I want to share that experience with my guests

#24 spjwedding

spjwedding
  • 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
  • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

Doing it for some ssunset phots AND alone time before the big I DOs

#25 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
  • 186 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

My best friend just got married and she did a first look.  She told me that it was extremely intimate for them and she was so glad to have that time with just her fiance.  I am debating on weather or not I want to do the first look.  Part of me wants to so that I am not a sobbing mess walking down the isle.

#26 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

My best friend just got married and she did a first look.  She told me that it was extremely intimate for them and she was so glad to have that time with just her fiance.  I am debating on weather or not I want to do the first look.  Part of me wants to so that I am not a sobbing mess walking down the isle.

Haha!  We are doing a first look.  I'm hoping that will limited the waterfall of happy tears during the ceremony! :)

#27 mckievme

mckievme
  • 183 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

We are doing a first look for many of the reasons already spoken here. We want to get some pictures of just the two of us out of the way so we can take pictures with our guests and family and not miss out on too much of the fun.

I won't be wearing my veil or have my bouquet during the first look so I've convinced myself that I will look different/more bridal when I actually walk down the aisle with my dad so I'll still get that special moment and reaction I'm hoping for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

love the idea, but I am hooked on the first time seeing me being when I walk down the aisle!

#29 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

For those worried about being a sobbing mess and ruining make up -- won't your face already be done though??
Or is it more just being a sobbing mess in general? Hehe

Edited by calgarybride2015, 27 August 2014 - 07:09 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#30 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

I am so torn on this one! I think the first look would allow me to cry my little heart out and then get it together for my ceremony (I'm definitely a crier haha) but at the same time theres the whole "seeing the bride before the wedding" tradition and seeing his face while he's standing there

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first look, photos, trend, Ceremony, bridal party, getting ready

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users