Lilian84

No Best Man Or Maid Of Honour. Is This Ok?

After we drafted our first guest list we came up with a plan that does not include a best man or maid of honor. Our fathers would be our witnesses.

This idea came because my FI did not know who he could ask as his best man without hurting his other friends. As far as my bridal party goes I would take my sister as MOH but for many reasons am not sure she would even attend our wedding. If that were the case I would ask his sister to be MOH but I really don't want her to feel like she is plan B because i really do care about her, she's awesome. 

My suggestion was that we ask our fathers to be our witnesses. That way everyone is on the ''same level'' as groomsmen and bridesmaids. 

Does this make sense to anyone else? If it doesn't feel free to share... i'm brainstorming here! 

• Like 1

Why not!! its a DW anything goes...its your wedding and your day.. I think it's a totally fair idea and a great one at that because I bet the father's will feel really special and prob make them feel as important as dad's should feel!!

I think it's an awesome idea. Great way to honor the men in your lives.

Thank you ladies, 

It feels like the right thing to do, makes things easier for BP and we like the thought of including our fathers. 

We are not having a bridal party or MOH/BM either.  Its not that we didn't want it, but it would be another element to organize and potentially added stress.  Since we are getting legally married in the states the week before we don't have to worry about the witnesses either.  Plus I really like the look of just the two of us at the front getting married and everyone watching us. 

No bridal party at our either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't having attendants either, this is both of our second marriages so it just makes it MUCH easier!

We don't have them either. Our families don't approve but I think it's better to avoid stress and keep the wedding about our marriage and ALL the people important to us

• Like 1

We didn't have anybody. It was just the two of us. We did our actual wedding in Jamaica, so did need witnesses to sign the marriage license. The wedding coordinators signed.

You are so smart to go with no bridal party. I wish I had the foresight to be so smart. I have since lost three BMs, got one back, added two nieces who  begged to be in the WP, got bullied into a ring bearer...it's just a hot mess! So, enjoy your piece of mind that comes with the great decision you've made! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics