No Best Man Or Maid Of Honour. Is This Ok?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lilian84

• 172 posts
  • Wedding Location:Florida
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

After we drafted our first guest list we came up with a plan that does not include a best man or maid of honor. Our fathers would be our witnesses.

This idea came because my FI did not know who he could ask as his best man without hurting his other friends. As far as my bridal party goes I would take my sister as MOH but for many reasons am not sure she would even attend our wedding. If that were the case I would ask his sister to be MOH but I really don't want her to feel like she is plan B because i really do care about her, she's awesome. 

My suggestion was that we ask our fathers to be our witnesses. That way everyone is on the ''same level'' as groomsmen and bridesmaids. 

Does this make sense to anyone else? If it doesn't feel free to share... i'm brainstorming here! 

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

• 213 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
  • LocationSaskatchewan Canada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Why not!! its a DW anything goes...its your wedding and your day.. I think it's a totally fair idea and a great one at that because I bet the father's will feel really special and prob make them feel as important as dad's should feel!!

#3 Tatimrivera

• 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

I think it's an awesome idea. Great way to honor the men in your lives.
Good Luck :)

#4 Lilian84

• 172 posts
  • Wedding Location:Florida
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Thank you ladies, 

It feels like the right thing to do, makes things easier for BP and we like the thought of including our fathers. 

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#5 Sabes44

• 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

We are not having a bridal party or MOH/BM either.  Its not that we didn't want it, but it would be another element to organize and potentially added stress.  Since we are getting legally married in the states the week before we don't have to worry about the witnesses either.  Plus I really like the look of just the two of us at the front getting married and everyone watching us. 

#6 Mandiesue

• 309 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
  • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

No bridal party at our either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 trbutler

• 224 posts
  • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

We aren't having attendants either, this is both of our second marriages so it just makes it MUCH easier!

#8 LauraM

• 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

We don't have them either. Our families don't approve but I think it's better to avoid stress and keep the wedding about our marriage and ALL the people important to us

#9 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

We didn't have anybody. It was just the two of us. We did our actual wedding in Jamaica, so did need witnesses to sign the marriage license. The wedding coordinators signed.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#10 VegasBride121314

• 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:LasVegas, NV
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

You are so smart to go with no bridal party. I wish I had the foresight to be so smart. I have since lost three BMs, got one back, added two nieces who  begged to be in the WP, got bullied into a ring bearer...it's just a hot mess! So, enjoy your piece of mind that comes with the great decision you've made! 

Love over 50 is still LOVE!!!

Invitations out! RSVPs in

Us, them (bridal party), + 48 guests!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users