marinah84

Marinah84's Planning Thread - 3/14/15 - Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Awesome sales!! You got lots to work on now. I love that sign and would totally buy it if I had one here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update 10.1.14

Today is a flower update!!

Flower Girl Ball

I finished the ball, and I like it!  I ended up leaving the shells and 2 smaller starfish loose.  I like it!  The bow was a pain, but it's pretty simple.

PicsArt 1412019473614[1]

Bridal Bouquet

The florist texted me pictures today of the cascade bouquet they put together with the flowers I ordered, and I love it!  I haven't seen it in person, but will pick it up tomorrow or tonight (2 sick kiddos means probably not tonight lol).  She's going to add the ribbon on the handle and a charm I picked out that says "Love".  Can't wait to see the finished product! (And then pack it away so it doesn't get dusty!)

cascade bouquet trial

cascade bouquet trial

• Like 2

Marinah - the flowers are pretty! and I like the ball too, that turned out fantastic. 

love the laundry sign. believe it or not...my husband does his own laundry. I like it that way.....

• Like 1

Love the flower girl ball and your bouquet! I can't believe how much you've done already. I'm such a bum... I haven't even figured out my invitations yet.

Love the flower girl ball and your bouquet! I can't believe how much you've done already. I'm such a bum... I haven't even figured out my invitations yet.

With 2 small kids, you have to prioritize or it never gets done!  You've still got time for invites, especially if you have a wedding website.  I've found invites are really just to say "ok you really need to start looking at booking now...", at least with my family & friends.  Of course, I picked the most popular spring break weekend by accident so prices are pretty high right now for that week :(  still decently priced but sheesh!  

And that's exactly what I need to say to my friends and family. LOL Well I'm going to use your thread as the push to get moving on my planning. :) Thank you!

• Like 1

Update 10.3.14

Some quick updates!

Cake Knife/Server:

I ended up purchasing the plain cake & knife set and will customize with charms/shells.  I've seen some cute ones with ribbons so I'll probably get "inspired" by some of those!

Toasting Glass Set:

Bit the bullet and purchase the customized toasting glass set that basically helped me to fall in love with a beach wedding/make up my mind I had to have one!  I purchased on eBay since it seemed it was the same sellers just with free shipping (probably to capture "bargain" ebayers!)

toasting glass Set

Survival Kits:

Today I had some down time, and designed the Survival Kit labels and test printed!  My printer is apparently out of colored ink (tho they look full to me...) so I had to do B&W.  Here are the computer images and what it looks like printed out (non-stuffed).  I designed the 2 images in Picmonkey with inspiration from @@MK0386 and her thread here: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/72688-my-diy-survival-kit-label-for-oot-bag-with-pics-and-list-of-items-with-price-breakdown/

I put the front & back images together on a little less than half a page in word, flipped the back image around so it'd be right side up when I folded, and "grouped" them together so I could easily alter the size.  First try it was too big, this is pretty much perfect, aka the size I'm sticking with!

Front:

survivial kit toppers front

Back:

survival kit toppers back

Together on Word doc:

survival Kit toppers

B&W test print & staple

survival kit toppers b&w test run

Wedding Bouquet:

Picked up my bouquet - I love it!  I may try to put a few white orchids in the cascade part, as it's a LOT of blue, but the bouquet itself is gorgeous.  Perfect size for what I wanted, as well!  

My dog was curious as to what I was doing, haha:

bridal bouquet

Here is the charm/ribbon on the stems:

bouquet ribbon with charm

Updated To Do Lists (red are projects I am planning on tackling next):

DIY

• October - Finish mothers gifts
  • October - Flower girl tutu
  • October - Pick up starfish boutonnieres (from my mom's house)
  • October - Finish bridesmaid bouquets & pack in shoeboxes (basically glue down the ribbon)
  • October - Finish tossing bouquet
  • November - Ring wood box
  • November - Glue orchids in centerpieces
  • November - Glitter TTD heels
  • December - Name hangers

Welcome Bags

• October - Print & Put together "Survival Week" kits
  • October - Put chapstick labels & protectors on chapsticks
  • November - Make sunglasses tags ("Don't be blinded by our love")
  • January - Decorate the bags with raffia ribbon & tags (OR wait for sale on wedding site for custom bags...eeek!)
  • February - Finish Welcome Booklet (Home printer)

Misc To Do

• Ongoing - iPod playlists - ceremony, dinner, reception
  • October - Boudoir session, get photobook printed 
  • December? - Etsy cake topper (she will do after finished with this wedding season)
  • October - Make Kid Activity Books (Home printer)
  • January - Make luggage tag placecards with names (Home printer)
  • January - Print 5x7 couples pictures for table & put in frames
  • January - Finish & Print Ceremony Program Fans (Vistaprint) 
  • January - Thank You/Menu Cards for plates (Vistaprint) 

Home To Do (not "taking with" stuff)

• December - Wedding dress alterations (december at the latest)
  • December - Get kids passports (december at the latest)
  • December - Get notarized permission form for family to take kids back in USA (not necessary but a safety net just in case)
  • November/December - GET LEGALLY MARRIED (for tax purposes lol).

Everything looks great.

What font is that? I really love how it looks and may use it somewhere myself.

I know exactly who the other BDW member you are speaking of, I loved her work too!

I think the safety net letter is a great idea.

I traveled to the USA in August and had a 'non notarized' letter from the kids dad and the border didn't even ask for it, but just in case I plan to have a 'notarized' letter from him as this is a little bit bigger of a deal than a trip to Seattle! lol!

What sunglasses are you buying?  I bought my kids these pink and orange sunglasses from the dollar store this summer but they were more adult size. I joked about getting the bridal party all a pair for a fun pictures but never did. Still debating doing it.

I may start my planning thread this weekend!  The kids are with their dad and my fiance is gone, so I have some time.... well probably hahah I plan to spend a lot of time in the mall! ha!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1