My OOT bags are almost complete, but I figured I'd go ahead and share the Survival Kit that will go in the OOT bag!
This project was a lot of fun and thanks to the frugal brides OOT bag info thread... super cheap! That thread is here:
I bought my items at the Dollar Store, Wal-Mart, and minimus.com.
Here is a list of what's in the Survival Kit:
1. DIY Personalized Chapstick - BulkApothecary.com - .14 cents/each (my DIY thread is here: http://www.bestdesti...cs-and-template)
2. Easy Mending Kit (thread, needle, safety pin) - Minimus.com- .27 cents/each
3. Shout Wipes - Minimus.com- .43 cents/each
4. Nail Polish Remover Pads - Minimus.com - .07 cents/each
5. Nail File - Dollar Store- bought a pack and it came to .03 cents/each
6. Cocoa Butter - Wal-Mart - .87 cents/each
7. Sunscreen - Wal-Mart - .97 cents/each
8. Wet Wipes - Dollar Store- .33 cents/each
9. Emergen-C - Minimus.com - .43 cents/each
10.Razors - Wal-Mart- .17 cents/each
The bag has 2 or 3 of certain items so the total for each bag is only $5.04 and it's for 2 people b/c each couple will share one bag and that is why there are 2 of certain items like the chapstick, razors, etc. I prob could have gotten certain things cheaper but I had already purchased certain things when I found out about minimus.com. That site is seriously awesome!
(The OOT bag will also have a few more fun items! This is just the Survival Kit that goes IN the OOT bag)
Once I had my items, I was so excited to put a bag together and make a label for the top of the bag. I used zip lock baggies for the bag.
I designed a label, and then just saved it as a .jpg and used Word to format 3 labels/page. I then printed them on my printer at home, and trimmed them to the right size with a paper cutter.
Here is my design:
Here is the bag all put together:
Happy Planning, ladies!!
Let me know if you have any questions