Photo

Did Anyone Use Air Transat For Their Flights?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hi All,

I was just checking flight prices and found a great deal with Air Transat. We are flying out of Pearson to Punta Cana in March 2015. The flight is about $75 cheaper than any other flights that day. My only concern is that I don't know much about Air Transat and am wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences using them? West Jet is the next cheapest flight that day, so does anyone have any experiences with West Jet?

Also, I found the flights on Trip Advisor, but when I look at the Air Transat website the flight details are slightly different, as in the flight times doesn't exactly match, only by a few minutes, but that seems odd to me. Did other people run into this while booking flight?!

I have only ever flow once before, so I'm very new to this and don't want to get screwed over with flights!

Thanks!

#2 CierraG

CierraG
  • 17 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Tulum

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

LOVE Air Transat!!! we just flew to Mexico with them last month - very happy!!! When we booked our wedding West Jet gave us a better group quote but would not gaurantee a direct flight from Vancouver for us which was upseting as we really want a diirect flight. Air Transat honoured our quote from West Jet so we went with Air Transat. They have been very good!!!!

#3 MrsRoy

MrsRoy
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

I like air transat but I love air canada
    Using Tapatalk

#4 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
    • Site Supporter
    • 371 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
    • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

We have flown air transat the past few holidays after flying westjet and air canada previously, I love them! They are great to deal with and they truly try to make the flying experience pleasant.

#5 kellymiller

kellymiller
    • 238 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

Thanks Ladies! Do you know if they have a closet that I can hang my dress up in?

#6 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Absolutely love Transat. That's who we flew with for our wedding to Jamaica and we had a bunch of little special upgrades. Sorry to the other ladies, but I absolutely HATE flying air canada, and only do it when I absolutely have to. They suck. We've done Sunwing too and they're super as well.

Transat does not have a closet and for you canadian brides, you'll have a tough call with that one. I've yet to see any of the charters - Sunwing and Transat that have that available.There were 3 brides on the flight with us and there wasn't anyone that got access to a closet because there wasn't one. I picked an over head bin for my dress and just folded it in half once. Then I just guarded it and held the lid down and wouldn't let anyone else near it. with the fabrics of wedding dresses, unless you're getting satin or taffeta, the dress will be just fine folded once for a few hours. Once you arrive where you're going get it undone from the bag and let it hang. Then the day before your wedding or early the day of, get it hanging in a steamy shower. That will help shake down any wrinkles. The other thing I did was invest in a portable steamer from Walmart. It wasn't expensive and I did use it for my husband's shirt and another dress that I had with me.  If you have parents with you they would probably help out so FI doesn't see it but the main thing will be to get it out of the bag for a bit.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#7 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
    • Site Supporter
    • 371 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
    • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

I concur on everything said above however the transat flight we were on in February did have a closet for the dress, the super nice flight attendants took care of one of the brides dress for her when I was on... So it's a toss up really.

I also hate Air Canada.

#8 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
    • 88 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
    • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

I find all the charters to be comparable. Have flown Sunwing, air canada and air transat to Mexico and had zero problems with any of them! I don't expect much out of a charter flight so if you go in with lowered expectations, you'll be fine!

#9 keezy

keezy
    • 151 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what price were you quoted from Air Transat?

#10 kellymiller

kellymiller
    • 238 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what price were you quoted from Air Transat?

I saw the flight for $562ish on Travelocity, but that price was up to $640 today when I checked again :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users