Dresses Families

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bride6

bride6
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hi ladies,

My wedding colors are teal and champagne. I'm having the hardest time finding a dress for my mother. What dresses/ designers were you able to find?

#2 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
    • 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
    • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Hello! My colors were navy for the bridesmaids and groomsmen wore light blue shirts, and I didn't want my Mom or MIL to match. My mother found her dress at a store called Laura, it was black with fushia flowers, it looked so good on her! Laura has a great selection of dresses, especially in the spring for prom/grad time, and Christmas. Good luck!

#3 jackielemman

jackielemman
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

I am having a heck of a time finding attire for both my mother and mother-in law! Yikes

#4 kellymiller

kellymiller
    • 238 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
    • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

I am having the same problem! I'm thinking of going shopping with my mother this summer to see if there are any nice spring/summer dresses out this year that would be suitable. I'm dreading shopping for my MIL!

#5 alex15

alex15
    • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

I think champagne color would be perfect and for your mother a decent skirt with top having a beautiful hat can work..........

#6 flowerstoregirl

flowerstoregirl
      • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

I think teal color would be perfect for your mother as it will give complex of two colors...and in this color a formal suit will be fine with a suitable mufler..

#7 alex15

alex15
        • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

@flowerstoregirl  as teal color give shade of two which might be not for middle aged persons. As mixing of colors looks good on teens......thats why teal color may be not a good fit for her mother....

#8 ctlind7

ctlind7
          • 134 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace - Cancun, Mexico
          • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

@bride6 my mother actually found a dress that was categorized as a bridesmaid dress. All the dresses they were showing her at the stores were very matronly and and boxy. My mom is pretty trendy and youthful so we were at a loss. I found it on the rack and she tried it on and loved it! It was still mature looking, but had a youthful flare to it. Here is the link: http://www.allurebri...m/products/1273 in Eggplant. My colors are Coral and Glittery Gold with pops of eggplant. BM's are wearing coral

Now for my MIL she is determined to find a "deal" and hasn't found anything. She's ordered 2 dresses from Bergners and hated both. She doesn't want to pay that much money, but I'm afraid what she is looking for isn't in her budget. 

#9 flowerstoregirl

flowerstoregirl
          • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

@bride6 haha... don't worry she must be intelligent and know the value of money, you should help her after all she is your MIL.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users