Dresses Families

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bride6

bride6
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hi ladies,

My wedding colors are teal and champagne. I'm having the hardest time finding a dress for my mother. What dresses/ designers were you able to find?

#2 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
    • 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
    • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Hello! My colors were navy for the bridesmaids and groomsmen wore light blue shirts, and I didn't want my Mom or MIL to match. My mother found her dress at a store called Laura, it was black with fushia flowers, it looked so good on her! Laura has a great selection of dresses, especially in the spring for prom/grad time, and Christmas. Good luck!

#3 jackielemman

jackielemman
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

I am having a heck of a time finding attire for both my mother and mother-in law! Yikes

#4 kellymiller

kellymiller
    • 238 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
    • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

I am having the same problem! I'm thinking of going shopping with my mother this summer to see if there are any nice spring/summer dresses out this year that would be suitable. I'm dreading shopping for my MIL!

#5 alex15

alex15
    • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

I think champagne color would be perfect and for your mother a decent skirt with top having a beautiful hat can work..........

#6 flowerstoregirl

flowerstoregirl
      • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

I think teal color would be perfect for your mother as it will give complex of two colors...and in this color a formal suit will be fine with a suitable mufler..

#7 alex15

alex15
        • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

@flowerstoregirl  as teal color give shade of two which might be not for middle aged persons. As mixing of colors looks good on teens......thats why teal color may be not a good fit for her mother....

#8 ctlind7

ctlind7
          • 134 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace - Cancun, Mexico
          • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

@bride6 my mother actually found a dress that was categorized as a bridesmaid dress. All the dresses they were showing her at the stores were very matronly and and boxy. My mom is pretty trendy and youthful so we were at a loss. I found it on the rack and she tried it on and loved it! It was still mature looking, but had a youthful flare to it. Here is the link: http://www.allurebri...m/products/1273 in Eggplant. My colors are Coral and Glittery Gold with pops of eggplant. BM's are wearing coral

Now for my MIL she is determined to find a "deal" and hasn't found anything. She's ordered 2 dresses from Bergners and hated both. She doesn't want to pay that much money, but I'm afraid what she is looking for isn't in her budget. 

#9 flowerstoregirl

flowerstoregirl
          • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

@bride6 haha... don't worry she must be intelligent and know the value of money, you should help her after all she is your MIL.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dresses, Families

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users