***Wright Travel Agency and BDW Travel Agents***

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 Elisabete4

Elisabete4
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hello everyone!!

I am soooo excited as I'm going to DR in a few days again to try to zero in on an all inclusive resort for our wedding next summer!! Woohoo!!!! We are looking for a travel agent to help us with our travel plans and wedding arrangements in either Punta Cana or Puerto Plata, DR. We have still not decided on which location we'll get married in.

We'll need flights and accommodations for ~150-200 people for sometime in mid June 2010. I would like to be able to offer my guests the best possible travel packages. I am not sure if we can do separate hotel packages and separate flight packages.

I am looking for quotes or a TA in the NYC area with whom my fiance and I can just go speak with and see what's available.

Any referral will be appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone and Happy Planning!!!

~Elisabete & Miguel~

#62 lily17bear

lily17bear
    • 217 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

How close to NY is TA Dina located? I'm in Queens, NY and looking for a TA that would help me with me Riviera Maya wedding next May. Thanks. :-)

#63 detroit bride

detroit bride
      • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hi i got in contact with a travel agent through here, her name is wendy Hicks she is through wright travel and is wondering if anyone has used her or knows anything about her? She is giving me a great deal on my package but am wondering if it is too good to be true Please help

#64 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hi Maureen,

wendy is a ta that is working with me while i am on maternity leave.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#65 finzup

finzup
        • 468 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi,
          I have to say I'm skeptical of TA's (nothing personal, I promise!) as I have had bad experiences in the past and such -- but I am planning my wedding @ the barcelo maya palace and I'm not really sure how to proceed with providing my guests information on when / how to book.
          Everyone will likely be leaving from the same area of the country but probably on different dates. I want to give my guests the best prices possible and my experiences with travel agents in the past, the prices have been nowhere near as good as what I could book on my own. I want to tell them to wait until spring to book for July 2010 -- but my question is, is if I enlisted the help of a TA, would I be able to get good rates NOW for summer 2010?

I don't really understand how 'group rates' work and all but from what I understand, I put a deposit up and I get that money back after the rooms are booked? I'm unsure it's the best way to go, basically...

I don't want my friends and family to pay more than what they need to -- so is there any hope of finding a TA that will quote me prices that are competitive, and not provide false information?
          (sorry to sound so negative and rambling on and on..)
          Thx!

-Katie
          Have you met Alice?
          http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#66 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by finzup
          but my question is, is if I enlisted the help of a TA, would I be able to get good rates NOW for summer 2010?

I don't really understand how 'group rates' work and all but from what I understand, I put a deposit up and I get that money back after the rooms are booked? I'm unsure it's the best way to go, basically...

I don't want my friends and family to pay more than what they need to -- so is there any hope of finding a TA that will quote me prices that are competitive, and not provide false information?
          (sorry to sound so negative and rambling on and on..)
          Thx!
          yes, we are able to provide rates for next summer for rooms...depending on what your dates are, air rates should be out as well.

95% of the time we are able to match or beat internet rates so we do try our hardest to provide competetive rates as well as great service.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#67 finzup

finzup
          • 468 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:44 AM

thanks tammy, should I PM you with details?

-Katie
            Have you met Alice?
            http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#68 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
            • 295 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

any TAs want to help me with my april 2010 punta cana wedding? email me--babiexoxo@hotmail.com
              "

#69 volosikj

volosikj
              • 200 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

I need a TA from the Philly area to help me plan my DW in Mexico(Riviera Maya) Does anyone know any great TA's that can help me?

#70 hanna

hanna
                • 223 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Any of you TA's work with Catalonia Royal Tulum?? Just trying to book a vacation next May.. and our current TA doesn't work with that resort.. PM me if you can help! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users