Photo

Secrets Saint James Wild Orchid Bride 11/9/2013 - Need Planning Help/Tips

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 muneera0302

muneera0302
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Which person at the spa did your hair? Did they also do your makeup? Also- I noticed you had your reception by one of the pools, was there an extra charge for this? Did you hire an outiside DJ? Your pictures turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!

Thank you. I can't remember the lady at the spa but i just went there and told them i needed someone to style my hair (with body and curls at the ends) and they gave me whoever was available. As for makeup, i used Rashel Edwards. she does airbrushing and is super friendly and professional. But more importantly she is AMAZING when it comes to makeup!   We stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid but had our wedding and ceremony next door at Seawind Beach CLub, that's why you saw my reception tables surrounding the pool. We rented out the entire club so we could have our private wedding/ceremony. Also, DJ was hired outside as well, Julian Chin provided the DJ and lighting for me. We used outside vendors for everything except the food, that was thru Seawind Beach club (flowers were Jans Flowers, and cake I cant remember off top the name but Jans Flowers recommended them to me). Let me know if you have any other questions. Oh and i used the cleaning service at Secrets to steam my dresses and my husbands suit. 

#32 SWOK

SWOK
    • 53 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

@montegobaybride

please don't get miha earle! I was sooooo not impressed with my pictures! just not thought out and was too spur of the moment for me. take my advice , im really unhappy

#33 montegobaybride

montegobaybride
      • 3 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 26, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid Resort
      • LocationMontego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

@SWOK thanks for the advice!

#34 cora4600

cora4600
      • 36 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James/Wild Orchid
      • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

@muneera0302  Did you pay the vendor fee for Rashel Edwards or did you pay to have her stay the resort for a night? She gave me both options, but couldn't figure out the best one. 

Also with Jan's Flowers, were they reasonably priced? 

Thanks so much! You guys are seriously the best! 

#35 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
      • 212 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 19, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica
      • LocationOhio

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

@SWOK - Why didn't you end up liking Misha Earle? I have deposited for her...now you have me worried  :wacko:  :wacko:

@muneera0302 - Which photographer did you use? 

#36 muneera0302

muneera0302
      • 277 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

@muneera0302  Did you pay the vendor fee for Rashel Edwards or did you pay to have her stay the resort for a night? She gave me both options, but couldn't figure out the best one. 

Also with Jan's Flowers, were they reasonably priced? 

Thanks so much! You guys are seriously the best! 

I did the vendor fee but see which is cheaper. FYI she is AMAZING as well. she did airbrush and my girls and myself and the makeup was flawless! many partied after the weddign and majority of us slept with their makeup on accidently and woke up FLAWless lol not that you would want to sleep with makeup on lol

Also, Jans Flowers did a gorgeous job on the flowers. I brought alot of decorations myself and Jan herself was there setting up everything. I gave her photos of the look i was going for and it turned out great. The price was cheaper than Tai floral. I would not recommend her being the wedding coordinator, but for decor she is fantastic. We spent alot of money on our flowers because of the type of floral arrangements i wanted. but there are several options to cut cost by choosing different floral arrangements. My wedding photos are on this thread as well (well a link for the photos)

@SWOK - Why didn't you end up liking Misha Earle? I have deposited for her...now you have me worried  :wacko:  :wacko:

@muneera0302 - Which photographer did you use? 

I used Dwayne Watkins and i can honestly say that it was some of the best money spent! He captured our wedding and the photos look AMAZING!!!! our wedding is on his blog. I also received all my photos superfast after the wedding.

#37 kcole123

kcole123
        • 850 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
        • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

I stayed at Secrets St. James a couple of years ago. You and your guests will not be disappointed in this resort choice. Myself and my fiancé loved it.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#38 angelsj247

angelsj247
        • 43 posts
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid
        • LocationChicago

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

My wedding is booked at wild orchid for september 30th. I booked visual embrace as my photographer. My bouquets i bought on etsy fake silk flowers and my 2 bridesmaids dresses are purple from macys.
        My dress is by san patrick. Ill be getting chinese lanterns to release and i think ill get some parasols for picture props.
        Im still deciding on makeup and hair by rashel since it will be about 500, my fiance would prob kill me if he found out i spent that for makeup but i think ill just do it :)

Attached Files

#39 FutureMrsGlover

FutureMrsGlover
        • 284 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

I did a site visit to Secrets in Oct 2013....I loved the resort.  I am going back to Jamaica in June to go to another resort but I am hoping I can schedule some time at Secrets again. 

#40 pamelas21

pamelas21
        • 178 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 18, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamacia
        • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

@SWOK - Why didn't you end up liking Misha Earle?

I did the vendor fee but see which is cheaper. FYI she is AMAZING as well. she did airbrush and my girls and myself and the makeup was flawless! many partied after the weddign and majority of us slept with their makeup on accidently and woke up FLAWless lol not that you would want to sleep with makeup on lol

Also, Jans Flowers did a gorgeous job on the flowers. I brought alot of decorations myself and Jan herself was there setting up everything. I gave her photos of the look i was going for and it turned out great. The price was cheaper than Tai floral. I would not recommend her being the wedding coordinator, but for decor she is fantastic. We spent alot of money on our flowers because of the type of floral arrangements i wanted. but there are several options to cut cost by choosing different floral arrangements. My wedding photos are on this thread as well (well a link for the photos)

I used Dwayne Watkins and i can honestly say that it was some of the best money spent! He captured our wedding and the photos look AMAZING!!!! our wedding is on his blog. I also received all my photos superfast after the wedding.

I'm hoping to have Dwayne Watkins! I've received several quotes from other photographers but I'm still waiting for his! Fingers crossed he's not crazy priced!

Edited by pamelas21, 08 May 2014 - 08:46 AM.

Happy Planning Future Brides!

Love, Mrs. Gedney! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users