• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:17 PM

i used to make this in high school and got the recipe from my home ec class...it was yummy...

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Stick (4 oz.) margarine or butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 to 4 quarts of POPPED corn

Combine all ingredients except soda and popped corn in a 1½ to 2 quart microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave (HIGH) and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in soda.

Put the popped corn in a brown grocery bag and pour the syrup over the corn. Close the bag by rolling it down a couple times and SHAKE HARD. Cook in the bag on HIGH microwave for 1½ minutes. Remove and shake vigorously and cook in the microwave another 1½ minutes. Remove and shake again. microwave another 1½ minutes. Shake when you remove it from the microwave and pour it on a large cookie sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container when cool.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 JessicaM

• Vendor
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

OOOOH that sounds good Tammy! I might have to make that this weekend!!

#3 edna

• Site Supporter
    • 1,360 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

OH Thanks Tammy I am a BIG FAN of caramel popcorn!

#4 cessyboston

• VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

yummie....sounds great i may have to make it after cabo...lol...
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#5 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

mmmmm.... sounds yummy

#6 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

Right on time. My son has to do a recipe every weekend for school. I was wondering what we could make. I love it THANK YOU

Ps Tammy I havent forgot to send it just a little side tracked

#7 gwynemark

• 96 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:10 AM

This sounds really good and I am as well, a huge fan of carmal corn. When I first saw the post I was thinking candy corn, you know the orange traiangle candy with the yellow then the white tip. A popular Halloween candy. Anyway, if you like the candybar PAYDAY? just grab a handful of candy corn and a handful of salted peanuts and mix. It tastes exactly like a payday and you can eat it like trailmix. YUMMY!

#8 june92012

• 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Another one! Thanks Tammy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users