Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Caramel Corn Recipe (easy!)

i used to make this in high school and got the recipe from my home ec class...it was yummy...

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup brown sugar, packed

1/4 cup white corn syrup

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 Stick (4 oz.) margarine or butter

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 to 4 quarts of POPPED corn

PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients except soda and popped corn in a 1½ to 2 quart microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave (HIGH) and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in soda.

Put the popped corn in a brown grocery bag and pour the syrup over the corn. Close the bag by rolling it down a couple times and SHAKE HARD. Cook in the bag on HIGH microwave for 1½ minutes. Remove and shake vigorously and cook in the microwave another 1½ minutes. Remove and shake again. microwave another 1½ minutes. Shake when you remove it from the microwave and pour it on a large cookie sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container when cool.

Right on time. My son has to do a recipe every weekend for school. I was wondering what we could make. I love it THANK YOU

Ps Tammy I havent forgot to send it just a little side tracked

This sounds really good and I am as well, a huge fan of carmal corn. When I first saw the post I was thinking candy corn, you know the orange traiangle candy with the yellow then the white tip. A popular Halloween candy. Anyway, if you like the candybar PAYDAY? just grab a handful of candy corn and a handful of salted peanuts and mix. It tastes exactly like a payday and you can eat it like trailmix. YUMMY!