Photo

Anyone getting eyelash extension?!!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 missb0308

missb0308
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have had eyelash extensions on and off for the past couple of years, and had a new set put on for my wedding last month in Mexico.  Now I'm keeping them, they're just so wonderful!  It cuts my makeup time in half in the mornings without having to put on coats of mascara.  I won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon!

#42 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

I live in Schaumburg and am getting them done at this place in Elk Grove. If you google "Chicago Eyelash Extensions" there are some downtown (not sure where you live) and one that even is mobile and will come to you!

The one I'm going to in Elk Grove is $115 for a full set and they last 6-8 weeks. I know it's a splurge, but I decided I deserved it haha :) Of course my FI thinks they're absurd, but whatever.

He won't think they're absurd once he's see's them; they're kind of sexy!  When I get a fresh set, I give my eyes about 2 days rest from removal of the old set.   My Fi's first question... When are you getting your lashes back on?

#43 missb0308

missb0308
      • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have had eyelash extensions on and off for the past couple of years, and had a new set put on for my wedding last month in Mexico.  Now I'm keeping them, they're just so wonderful!  It cuts my makeup time in half in the mornings without having to put on coats of mascara.  I won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon!

#44 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
        • 230 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade
        • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Okay gang, I finally got my eyelash extensions last week and I'm totally addicted!!!!! I figured I wanted to try them out while its still hot/humid, and when I'd be going swimming etc to see how long they would last. I got a groupon for B,Boutique (near boston), and after reading a bunch of yelp reviews I decided to give them a try. So, out of using latisse, falsies, and extensions, I would have to say I like the extensions the best. What do you think?

Latisse

Falsies

Extensions

#45 niknic456

niknic456
        • 184 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Anyone n the NY or NJ area that know where I can get eyelash extensions that look natural??????

#46 mvee1025

mvee1025
          • 155 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Ladies!

I got eyelash extensions and just came back from wedding - so happy!  I didn't have to wear mascara once other than for the wedding.  I swam in the pool and the ocean, showered, washed my face etc.

No prob!

#47 KayaWasTaken

KayaWasTaken
            • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

I always use Lifebooker for extensions. They always have a few deals to choose from under Nails & Brows in their Lifebooker Loot section. I sort of cross-reference what they have available vs yelp reviews for the places and go from there. I've had very good experiences except for one time, and that wasn't awful either, just the lashes were sort of stiff. Just make sure not to use anything oil-based, that takes them off, otherwise you will be great for about 2 weeks, good for another 1-2 weeks. They are individually glued to lashes, so they fall out as you eyelashes naturally shed, so as long as you're not pulling them out, you shouldn't be doing damage to your own lashes. I'd recommend silk or mink over any other material they might use, those seem to be the least like porcupine needles, lol. And yes, once you get extensions, it's hard to go back to your natural "shorties"!

#48 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
              • 413 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
              • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
              • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

I will be going saturday to this lady here in Winnipeg for lashes. Iam trialing them before january! So Hope it looks great. Ill take beofre and after pictures of r my lashes ( they are already long to begin with but want a little more)

#49 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
              • 308 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
              • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

I love mink eyelash extensions! I am totally addicted to them.

#50 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
              • 230 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Now Jade
              • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

oooo i have never tried the mink!! do you have any pictures?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users