Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
alexisinjamaica

Losing Weight for the New Year/Your Wedding

Recommended Posts

I lost some weight and was doing fantastic... Nearly 20lbs down and another 20-25 to go...when my life turned upside down and my healthy living did also...now I have been...good...its been two months of diffenet stresses and upheavals day after day..but I only put on 5lbs....is there a motivational thread on here?? The Biggest Loser one seems to have finished....my wedding is next year..but my brothers is September... Really want to loose 15 before then at least (healthy) advice is welsome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Girls, 

I am a beachbody coach whose sole purpose is to motivate, inspire, give advice and help others get to their weightloss goals. Yes I do sell Beachbody products, but no I will never try to pressure you into buying them. I would love to help both of you out and see if I can find a way to help you reach your goals!! Feel free to message me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LucyLuckyToes View Post

 

I lost some weight and was doing fantastic... Nearly 20lbs down and another 20-25 to go...when my life turned upside down and my healthy living did also...now I have been...good...its been two months of diffenet stresses and upheavals day after day..but I only put on 5lbs....is there a motivational thread on here?? The Biggest Loser one seems to have finished....my wedding is next year..but my brothers is September... Really want to loose 15 before then at least (healthy) advice is welsome

Wow! You've done amazing to lose 20lbs so far! There's always going to be bumps in the road, but you've still got a few months before your brothers wedding to get back on track! 15lbs in 3 months will take dedication, but it's still do-able at a healthy rate of about 2lbs/week!

 

Check out the thread "Operation Wedding Dress" - it's a bit more lively than this one at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jscowger View Post

 

Hey Girls, 

I am a beachbody coach whose sole purpose is to motivate, inspire, give advice and help others get to their weightloss goals. Yes I do sell Beachbody products, but no I will never try to pressure you into buying them. I would love to help both of you out and see if I can find a way to help you reach your goals!! Feel free to message me!!

YAY TEAM BEACHBODY! 

 

I'm a coach too but I only use it for the Shakeology discount, and for video discounts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good post! In our relationship it's not the bride that needs to read this, it's the groom! Lol. I told him in sickness and health I will go workout with him. I'm committed to help him commit to his lifestyle changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Although its a bit more pricey- Insanity is the business! I lost 60 pounds. The program takes 60 days to complete and you can lose upwards of 20 pounds in those 60 days. I started it a few months before I got engaged because at the time I also had braces and I wanted to transform myself completely. The braces came off and so did the weight! My fiancé and I did it together and he actually turned into a huge healthnut after. It's 6 days a week- 45 minutes a day for 30 days then an hour for the next 30. It's high impact- I def cried the first day and I hated it but I stuck it out. I went from a size 14 to a size 2. I purchased my dress when I was sort of in between a 4 and a 2 and I think it's a bit snug because unlike most people who lose weight due to stress, I am a stress eater. And I have been stress eating :( but I'm 4 months until our wedding and if I lost 20 pounds in 60 days I can less in 120. And if I'm being honest about weight loss- I gave up alcohol while I did insanity and I loooove wine so that was a toughie. I also cut out white- white pasta, rice, bread, & replaced it with brown pasta, lean proteins and veggies. I also eat 5 meals but controlled portions. And yes- I occasionally cheat ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

Can you share your meal plan.  I have about 60 lbs to lose before the big day in 6 months and we are also working out so a meal plan would be a lot of help.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Although its a bit more pricey- Insanity is the business! I lost 60 pounds. The program takes 60 days to complete and you can lose upwards of 20 pounds in those 60 days. I started it a few months before I got engaged because at the time I also had braces and I wanted to transform myself completely. The braces came off and so did the weight! My fiancé and I did it together and he actually turned into a huge healthnut after.

It's 6 days a week- 45 minutes a day for 30 days then an hour for the next 30. It's high impact- I def cried the first day and I hated it but I stuck it out. I went from a size 14 to a size 2. I purchased my dress when I was sort of in between a 4 and a 2 and I think it's a bit snug because unlike most people who lose weight due to stress, I am a stress eater. And I have been stress eating sad.gif but I'm 4 months until our wedding and if I lost 20 pounds in 60 days I can less in 120.

And if I'm being honest about weight loss- I gave up alcohol while I did insanity and I loooove wine so that was a toughie. I also cut out white- white pasta, rice, bread, & replaced it with brown pasta, lean proteins and veggies. I also eat 5 meals but controlled portions. And yes- I occasionally cheat wink.gif

 

We started Insanity five weeks ago and are starting the second 30 day set of the program today. Although we haven't noticed as drastic results as you I definitely feel fitter! We started following the nutrition plan, but I'm also simultaneously training for the NYC marathon on Nov 3, and I was way too starving with the running combined. So now we're hoping Insanity will help us lose a few inches. It's a tough workout program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married next May at the Azul Sensatori  in Cancun, I believe they have a hotel specific DJ. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on that versus spending money for an outside vendor and if so any recommendations on a good DJ in that area? Thanks for the help.
    • I admire brave brides. I'm generally afraid of a wedding. Breaking outdated rules is cool. You're good😇
    • My wedding date is set for the next April. The ceremony will be held on the beach too. I chose a dress style but not sure about the accessories like a crown and the need for a warm cape. The open back wedding dresses https://www.cathytelle.com/category/wedding-dresses/?filter_back=open&query_type_back=or  help me to choose, please! I like the third dress just with the location on the beach, like I'm dreaming about. In case of bad weather, I need to pick up a cape, so where can I find it? Only a new thing will fit, cause my grany is very superstitious (( I will be grateful for the web-addresses of jewelry shop with good reputation
    • Hello, I'm looking to have feedback about decorations for your wedding at Barcelo Maya Palace. We are getting married in Dec 2020, and I tried to get info from WC for what it's included as decoration for mint breeze or Straberry Package. It seems to be normal to pay extra for everything, but before to go further, i would like to now what basically come included?? I'm looking to know what is included for table decorations (center, if it's looking the same on when you go at a restaurant a la carte, table sheet white or colored), huppa for beach wedding (white or color), deco for chair, etc? Did you had to pay an extra to bring your own decorations? Did you pay an extra to have your reception in a beach restaurant? And what about a beach reception? Are the lights are included ?your help will be really appreciated!    Thank you
    • If you use the search function for those locations you may better be able to find something. What exactly are you looking for? Recs on photographers?
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...