Photo

When is the ttd session??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 coming together

coming together
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:28 PM

Alright, I don't know if my FI will be down with making out with his family watching, so when do we ttd? I am a little confused on this. I think it's a great idea.. super hot, but could someone give me a run down. I'm a virgin ttd :).

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

Most girls here I think did it the morning or afternoon the day after their wedding.

#3 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

We are actually doing it the Thursday after our Saturday wedding.
        We leave Weds from Cancun to PDC for honeymoon.

#4 brigopens

brigopens
        • 247 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:13 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by coming together
          Alright, I don't know if my FI will be down with making out with his family watching, so when do we ttd? I am a little confused on this. I think it's a great idea.. super hot, but could someone give me a run down. I'm a virgin ttd :).
          I know one thing for sure, you should definitely do it some time after the actual wedding ceremony...

I think that we are going to do ours the evening after. One of our photog friends is going to shoot it and loves the light just before sunset, so we'll take her advice, look for an isolated piece of the beach, and go from there. I don't think that we will tell anyone our plans, as we're really not looking for spectators...

Later in the day also means there will be a few drinks in our systems and we may be a little less inhibited and more goofy!!!
          Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#5 coreyphil

coreyphil
          • 497 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

I think that we're doing it on a different day ... our ceremony is at 5 and I definitely want late afternoon / evening sunset light for the TTD. The other consideration I thought of ... for both you and me ... is whether you're wearing your actual wedding dress. My girlfriend got married in Cabo last August. She actually used a different dress for the TTD (got it cheap on eBay). The pictures were stunning (Shout Out to Leigh Miller) ...

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

We are going to try to squeeze in a quick session the morning after the wedding...

#7 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

We did ours the day after our ceremony. We chose later in the day. We went down the beach a bit and we had lot's of privacy from our guests, everyone we knew respected that we wanted to be alone, so I don't think you should worry about your fi family. Our ttd session was so much fun, best part of our vacation.

#8 USMC_Wife2Be

USMC_Wife2Be
                • 27 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:38 PM

Our wedding is Friday evening and we're doing our TTD session on Sunday morning. Should be fun! Hopefully I don't get all shy :x

#9 CluelessBride

CluelessBride
                  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

Not to be a total idiot but I've been trying to figure out what TTD is and I havne't been able to figure it out...as you see I'm clueless! Can someone explain it to me?? Thanks!

#10 brecluse

brecluse
                    • 196 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

TTD is "trash the dress" which is really about capturing the fun of having a wedding dress in an unusual setting/situation like water. Some people really do trash their dress, but most of the water ladies, it more like "clean the dress". Check out the site:

Trash the Dress!

Anyway, we are actually doing our TTD BEFORE the wedding. Ha, so I'm not actually using my real dress for it, for obvious reasons. We really wanted to do the session, but we had no time after the wedding to make it happen so this is our compromise. We're doing it on Wed before our Sat wedding and we'll a few guests at the hotel already but most are coming in that afternoon so they'll miss it. We'll probably go off and do some shots at various locations on the island then come back to the pool at the hotel for the underwater stuff (oh yeah I'm going under).
                      TTD :: Tortola, BVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users