Jump to content

Photo

Daily Health Challenge (Spark, WW, everyone!)


  • Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#81 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,962 posts

    Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NYJen
    Hey Ladies, sorry I've been so bad with the challenge's this week. But I think I have a good excuse. My sister had a baby yesterday!!!! I have a brand new baby nephew. I was babysitting my niece all day yesterday while my sis and her hubby went to the hospital, so I'm really off on the dieting. But at least I'm still keeping up with the water and not drinking diet coke (16 days now.) I will try to work out and do lunges, crutches, push ups tonight. But my food intake has been horrendous!!! Oops! I will get back on track after the weekend, I promise.
    Yay - baby!

    Don't worry NYJen (I'm still not used to that name!)! I really didn't do great this week on food either. Ate like a pig on Saturday, went out for Italian food on Tuesday... But I lost 0.4lbs at WW this week! Yay! I swear the reason is because I'm trying to get all these items in. So anyway I hope you guys keep going with me - I don't think it's that motivating to do it by myself! (no accountability!)
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

    #82 NYJen

    NYJen
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,326 posts

      Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by gkashmira
      Yay - baby!

      Don't worry NYJen (I'm still not used to that name!)! I really didn't do great this week on food either. Ate like a pig on Saturday, went out for Italian food on Tuesday... But I lost 0.4lbs at WW this week! Yay! I swear the reason is because I'm trying to get all these items in. So anyway I hope you guys keep going with me - I don't think it's that motivating to do it by myself! (no accountability!)
      I'm TOTALLY still in this with you. I'm just having a bad week. I WILL get back on track.

      We can do it!!! We can do it!!! RAH, RAH, RAH!!!!

      #83 jenvh

      jenvh
      • Newbie
      • 135 posts

        Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

        I am having a bad week also. At least with the challenges. I have the list posted at my desk but I don't have a copy at home so I forget what I am supposed to do or I eat before I see not to eat anything with added sugar. haha. I will make a copy and take it home with me. No more excuses.
        But...I have been working out. I went to yoga before work today.So even if I am not following the list exactly it is still inspiring me.

        I am missing FI. I haven't seen him in over a week. I am trying to avoid emotional eating but I really want chocolate!

        #84 Jenn

        Jenn
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,557 posts

          Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

          I haven't been doing the challenges, but I have been working out and eating right. I actually lost 2.4 lbs this week! I'm really psyched about that and it makes me totally want to keep going :) I've definitely been keeping up with my water, and I've gone to the gym for 5 days in a row! That's a first for me... keep going with it ladies! And Jen, great job on the Diet Coke! I lost count, but I think I'm almost clean for a month! Woot!

          #85 gkashmira

          gkashmira
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,962 posts

            Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hopels
            I haven't been doing the challenges, but I have been working out and eating right. I actually lost 2.4 lbs this week! I'm really psyched about that and it makes me totally want to keep going :) I've definitely been keeping up with my water, and I've gone to the gym for 5 days in a row! That's a first for me... keep going with it ladies! And Jen, great job on the Diet Coke! I lost count, but I think I'm almost clean for a month! Woot!
            Awesome!!! Congrats! That is A LOT!!!!

            Congrats!

            So today's challenge is no refined carbs (white rice, regular pasta, white bread, etc.) so I'm wondering if my high fiber "Smart" pasta counts or not...
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

            #86 gkashmira

            gkashmira
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,962 posts

              Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

              I ALMOST got through the day yesterday with no refined carbs - but at like 10pm I wanted something sweet Oh well, next time!
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

              #87 jenvh

              jenvh
              • Newbie
              • 135 posts

                Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

                I am seriously having problems with giving up diet coke. I have reduced it to one every couple days. But I like the carbonation. I need to get some sparkling water for work. That helps with the water intake and stopping diet coke. yay.

                I was really tired this morning and didn't get out of bed to work out. I will make up for it by exercising saturday and sunday.

                #88 NYJen

                NYJen
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,326 posts

                  Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jenvh
                  I am seriously having problems with giving up diet coke. I have reduced it to one every couple days. But I like the carbonation. I need to get some sparkling water for work. That helps with the water intake and stopping diet coke. yay.

                  I was really tired this morning and didn't get out of bed to work out. I will make up for it by exercising saturday and sunday.
                  Believe me, just give up the diet coke cold turkey. It's really rough the first couple of days, but then it does get easier. I'm at 17 days now and although I do crave it at times, I would hate myself if I "fell off the wagon", which is pretty much what keeps me from going back to it. But I have also noticed that I'm sooooo much less bloated too. My stomach seems flatter. I like that.

                  I almost wasn't going to post here today for fear of getting yelled at. I have done NOTHING this week. But I had a busy week (I know, no excuses.) I have plans tonight so I can't workout. But I do plan to get on the treadmill tomorrow. I have most of the day free, so it shouldn't be a problem to get in a good workout and catch up on some of the daily challenges.

                  #89 Jenn

                  Jenn
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,557 posts

                    Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

                    No worries Jen, I can't yell at you. We went out to dinner last night, and although I did not order what I wanted - ravioli - I didn't exactly eat light. And I had bread pudding with ice cream (well about 1/3 of Sam's). To top that off, I'm really sore today, so I think I'm taking the day off from exercise. AND... I'm going to Chicago Sunday to take more board exam Monday, and there is no way I'll be eating right. I'll try not to blow the excess out of control, and I hope there is a gym in the hotel, but I'm not sure how motivated I'll be with the stress. Going to be a bad couple of diet days...

                    #90 gkashmira

                    gkashmira
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,962 posts

                      Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

                      Well I'm defintiely not yelling at anyone! I think we are all our worst critics. PLus think of it this way:

                      So maybe you went out to eat, or maybe you didn't exercise as much as you would have liked but you know what? You still made good choices (like not getting the ravioli and not eating a WHOLE dessert), you are still moving towards your goal (like not drinking the Diet Coke, JenNy!). My WW lady always says some great stuff like, "so you gained a pound, well if you weren't coming and you were doing notrhgin you would have gained 20 so consider that a 19 pound loss!" (or something like that). Anyway it's a really good point. Which is that even if we're not reaching goal weight fast enough, or exercising enough or whatever - we're still moving towards are goal just be being accountable for it!

                      So yay us!
                      Kashmira & Dan
                      Happily married since June 16, 2007
                      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users