8281 replies to this topic

#8081 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

This is my dress (so far lol) Hopefully I upload this correctly! 

dress1
dress2
dress3

#8082 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

@Lia33 - gorgeous!!!!! 

This is my dress (so far lol) Hopefully I upload this correctly! 

My opinion is that your tattoo is part of you, and there's no reason to hide it. It's totally a preference. Try on some backless dresses and see what you think. if you don't like it, then cover it up with a different dress. Don't make a decision without trying on dresses and seeing how you feel in them. 

Beautiful
I still haven't chose my dress and I love the idea of a backless dress. The only thing that puts me off is I have a tattoo right down my spine and tbh I dunno if it's a bit tacky if this was to be shown. What yous think??

See I'm the opposite. I don't like tattoos showing. Just my preference though

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#8083 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

@AllieH Although I think my dress is really pretty, I'm totally having the urge to check out this other bridal shop. 

@Pablou It's totally a preference thing. I have a couple of tattoos also but I would prefer not to show them on my wedding day. Show what you're comfortable showing!

#8084 JMC822

JMC822
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

I just bought my dress for my wedding! Since it's a beach wedding and a 2nd marriage for me and my fiance, we aren't going very formal. I purchased an Alfred Angelo bridesmaid's dress- their styles can be ordered in ivory (and white, etc) so it makes it easy to use them as less-formal wedding dresses. I'll post the pic- it's in purple, but I ordered it in Ivory. I'll try to post the ivory one, too, but in the pic you can't tell that the layers are chiffon, not satin. My fiance will be in khaki colored slacks and a nice ivory/ white button-down shirt.

Attached Files

#8085 Sara1603

Sara1603
    • 216 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

I just bought my dress for my wedding! Since it's a beach wedding and a 2nd marriage for me and my fiance, we aren't going very formal. I purchased an Alfred Angelo bridesmaid's dress- their styles can be ordered in ivory (and white, etc) so it makes it easy to use them as less-formal wedding dresses. I'll post the pic- it's in purple, but I ordered it in Ivory. I'll try to post the ivory one, too, but in the pic you can't tell that the layers are chiffon, not satin. My fiance will be in khaki colored slacks and a nice ivory/ white button-down shirt.

I love that dress!! This is also a second wedding for both of us. I was looking at bridesmaid dresses too

#8086 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

I think it's beautiful and you won't even be able to tell it's a BMs dress. That's the beauty of weddings, there is SO much variety. I considered a shorter dress, but then when I got to shopping I had forgotten about it and never tried one on.

Second marriage or not, I think it all comes down to who you are and your style!  I also have a pretty basic wedding dress in comparison to others, but I love it and that's all that matters.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#8087 spjwedding

spjwedding
      • 157 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
      • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

Love this thread and watching the styles change over time and how unique everyone is!

#8088 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

@Lia33 I really like your dress! I suggest that you don't keep looking around. I totally feel cheated out of the experience because I went to 3 stores and found it haha. I know brides who shop around for months and they still can't find anything. I really don't know what's better but sometimes I feel like going to see more dresses just to make sure there is nothing else I would like more. Then I remember I love my dress and shopping around would only confuse me more. 

@spjwedding ahah I did the same thing! comparing dresses now vs. the first few ones that were posted back in 2010. Styles do change quite a bit. 

event.png

#8089 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
      • 286 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
      • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

@Lia33 LOVE your dress! Gorgeous! Still searching after you have a dress can certainly get complicated. I think your dress is perfect for you but YOU certainly have to be in love/content with it.

#8090 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

@Lia33 I really like your dress! I suggest that you don't keep looking around. I totally feel cheated out of the experience because I went to 3 stores and found it haha. I know brides who shop around for months and they still can't find anything. I really don't know what's better but sometimes I feel like going to see more dresses just to make sure there is nothing else I would like more. Then I remember I love my dress and shopping around would only confuse me more. 

@spjwedding ahah I did the same thing! comparing dresses now vs. the first few ones that were posted back in 2010. Styles do change quite a bit. 

My sister offered me her dress from 18 years ago. I almost died when she sent me pictures of it. Sorry, it was hot back then but not anymore LOL!!!  She knows it, she can't believe she even wore it.

I wouldn't keep shopping as you will only confuse yourself. And think of your budget - is there room for 2 dresses in there?  Just maybe keep putting yours back on so you can remind yourself why you got it.   I have mine at home so I can do this periodically.  LOVE being in it!

Edited by calgarybride2015, 01 September 2014 - 07:39 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users