Jennifer

Show us your wedding dress!

A7X LOVE the dress! So gorgeous!! Your wedding is coming up so soon, you must be excited!!

Here is mine!  I am really late in getting something but I was told this should be in by first week of October! Crossing my fingers!  Hard to see all the detail in the dress but I love it!  I added the eggplant sash to it and will need some minor alterations. 

post-263567-0-83238200-1409854880_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Ok I tried the dress back on! Still LOVE it but realize I need way better posture and I need to learn to smile. I hate smiling and when I force it I look dorky -- so don't mind the smile or (way overdue for a hair cut) hair!! Growing out for the wedding is painful.

So my question is -- is my train to long? I guess this is a personal preference but seems sooooo long. I've considered having it shortened or removed but leaning to either nothing or shortened.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1409851380.187552.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1409851400.105515.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1409851422.374216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it like that although I know what you mean. I'd be afraid of tripping haha so only because of that I would get it shortened but otherwise it's beautiful. I think that would be taken care of with a nice bustle. Maybe if you're getting married on the beach, like on the sand, shorter would be better?

I like it like that although I know what you mean. I'd be afraid of tripping haha so only because of that I would get it shortened but otherwise it's beautiful. I think that would be taken care of with a nice bustle. Maybe if you're getting married on the beach, like on the sand, shorter would be better?

If the train stays it will get a bustle forsure. I'm trying to envision it with no train at all!! I know the front definitely needs a hem! Marrying on the sand!!! Such a hard decision.

If it wasn't for tripping I'd almost leave the front untouched.

Edited by calgarybride2015

@@calgarybride2015 I think removing it completely would really take away from the dress. The most I would do is shorten it and put a bustle in.

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015 you look gorgeous in the dress! I love long trains so I think you look great. Are you planning to wear a different pair of shoes or veil with it? I think they will make a difference if you do.

@@calgarybride2015 you look gorgeous in the dress! I love long trains so I think you look great. Are you planning to wear a different pair of shoes or veil with it? I think they will make a difference if you do.

I have a pair of fancy sandals - they are flat! I posted them in the shoe thread I think.

No veil, it's not my style as I am not very formal lol

This is the hair piece I am considering doing -- and a picture of inspiration, except I will use the hair piece to tack my bangs to the side as they curl up when in humidity so don't want to deal with them.  I will get a pearl bracelet with bling to tie in the hair bling.

hmmmm links are attached but pictures aren't showing up.

Edited by calgarybride2015

Love your dresses Calgarybride & snorfle !

I personally wouldn't shorten it, I think it's perfect. You should see how long mine is LOL. a bustle would be perfect IMO. I concur with if you removed it completely, it would take away from the dress.

and for posture? I was on buzzfeed a few weeks back and there was a whole post dedicated to doing the "turtle" I can't post links on my work computer or copy and paste for some dumb reason but it was hilarious, however very true when it came to posture. Not lying! Sounds funny but yeah. I just searched for it on google and you type in turtle wedding posture it's the first video  :)

Edited by Mrsktobe
  • Like 2

Love your dresses Calgarybride & snorfle !

I personally wouldn't shorten it, I think it's perfect. You should see how long mine is LOL. a bustle would be perfect IMO. I concur with if you removed it completely, it would take away from the dress.

and for posture? I was on buzzfeed a few weeks back and there was a whole post dedicated to doing the "turtle" I can't post links on my work computer or copy and paste for some dumb reason but it was hilarious, however very true when it came to posture. Not lying! Sounds funny but yeah. I just searched for it on google and you type in turtle wedding posture it's the first video  :)

I am really trying to picture this turtle thing!!!  It will be a constant reminder re posture!

I will get the front hemmed and probably just do a bustle - to be honest, bustle is cheaper than having it removed haha! 

I am sure I have seen your dress if you posted it - but I see so many will have to go back and look again!  If you haven't posted it - please do :)

here is the back of the dress. Pretty long as well. I'm going to get a bustle though  :)

post-239790-0-08654600-1409860755_thumb.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2